Open to options.
I have had granulomatous mastitis for 9 months now. It was not until 4 months in that I was correctly diagniosed. I am almost finished my 20 weeks on the steriods (1 week to go). My symptoms were at bay until my dosage reduced to 2.5 mg (started at 80 mg). Now I am swollen, draining fluid and sore. I am hoping someone has had success with natural products or other meds.

I am 35, have one child that I breastfed 6 yrs ago.

My GM history...I have been lanced a few times and had a surgery because my doc thought I had abcesses. I have been on 4 types of antibiotics, seen an infectious disease doc and been cultured over 30 times with negative results. I have had ultrasounds and a mamogram.

I'm sorry that it took so long for anyone to respond! As far as natural options, I would reccommend trying the Paleo Diet. You can find information about it by doing an online search. Basically it involves eating only meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and eggs -- no dairy, grains, beans, legumes, or sugar. It is a drastic change from most diets, but it has been the best thing I have done for my GM symptoms.

Also, some of us have posted here about using clay to treat the wounds. That was very helpful to me too.

Jennifer
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
SPS15 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 19
Jolene760 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 20
Romo1113 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14