563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Pain in the "normal" breast
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
258 members

Pain in the "normal" breast

Hi all! again! I woke up with loads of questions today!
My left breast is the one with active GM..in my last MRI (a month ago) my right breast was fine, but I have been feeling that particular pain in my "normal" breast. I cannot find a mass on it, but the pain is there..comes and goes...anyone having this as well? is it part of the GM to feel the pain in both breasts or it means that my "normal" one will be "not normal" soon?
I have a Doctor's appointment on Thursday..
Thanks!
Veronica
Hi Veronica!  Well hopefully it doesn't pan out into anything!  Hopefully someone with experience in having GM in both breasts can reply, that would be good!  I know at one point the inflammation was so bad in the beginning I would feel shooting pains in my chest between the 2 breasts.  I was afraid it was signs of heart attack, went to ER, turns out it was the inflammation just radiating and I could feel it in that area.  Your GM breast, is the inflamed part on the outer or inner part of your breast?  Wondering if its radiating pains from the other breast?  Please keep us updated on what happens or what doctor says!  Good luck and take care!
Thanks! I will let you know what Doctor says..my GM started in the upper part of my breast , and after biopsy it started on my inner side all the way down.I never had an abscess in the outer side.
Will keep you posted!
Thanks - take care!
Hi     in March 2010 I wrote this in post on this forum:

Just wondering if anyone else experienced these things:
Before I was taking Prednisone and when I was experiencing that extraordinarily sharp, searing, radiating pain up the chest, toward the armpit (Jo reminded me of this in something she said) I used to get symmetrical non-pain sensations in the other breast at roughly the same time.  Exactly symmetrical.  I found this fascinating, but no doc was as fascinated by this as I was.

Now, 3 years later, I also just get random sensations of barely noticeable pain and noisy activity in both the good breast and the supposedly healed breast from time to time. I also get what feels like muscle twitches in he healed breast - but here are no muscles there!  These sensations are never symmetrical, as they were in 2010.  
JustineIGM commented on Granulomatous Mastiti...
Dec 12
ayiyi joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 08
Annaamiri joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 04