563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Prednisone 20mg
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
254 members

Prednisone 20mg

Hi all!
I have been diagnosed with IGM 3 months ago, after being taking antibiotics for 3 months! Biopsy was done and GM was the result (Docotors sent the Biopsy to Brasil to have a second opinion).
I have 3 excellent Doctors treating me: they put me under 20mg of prednisone for 2 weeks, then 15 mg, then 10 and then 5mg: at that point I have little nodules showing out of my breast and Doctors decided to go back to 20mg, I have been under that dosis for the last week.
With 20mg my breast is not better nor worse. They talked about a small sugery to help the prednisone, but I am not sure about it; as I read here that it doesn't help.
My question is; do you know if MG goes away with prednisone? Sometimes I think the prednisone dosis I am taking is really low compared with other woman in same situation.
The good part of all this prednisone thing is that my nipple is not longer inverted.
Thanks to all!
raybirds joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
samaz joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 13
MoViris joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 10