563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Scalp burning/tingling
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
248 members

Scalp burning/tingling

So....I have this new "symptom," and I feel like screaming! Over the last week or so, I have had this burning, tingling sensation in my head, neck, and scalp. Mostly, it is focused on the right side, and seems to travel down the side of my neck, along the area where I have had enlarged lymph nodes (which basically travel in a straight path from the back of my neck, across the front of my body, into my right armpit, and then connecting with the areas of lumps in my breast), and pain all along. The burning and tingling are new, though, and I have never had any of the sensations continue all the way up into my head. Have any of you ever had anything like this that you would associate with your IGM?
Hi Jennifer,
      This definetely sounds something new and different. Haven't heard of it nor experienced it. You may wanna get it checked out with your Doctor. Have you got yourself checked for other auto immune diesease like Lupus etc ?
      So sorry couldn't help you much on that. Hope you feel better soon. Keep us updated. Take care.
Check if you included anything new in your diet or any new medicines. I remember once i had a strong antibiotic for throat infection and it gave me this tingling and numbness in my arms but it was way before IGM.
Hi there -

I HAD/HAVE the exact same symptoms.  Still do have some of them.

Intense burning, tingling, shooting pain all up my left side from my neck to my front of my face on the left to my teeth even...all the way up.  My left arm was numbish, tingling, burning all the way up and down, even to my fingertips and I had pain in my back, behing my GM breast as well.

Always limited to the left side (GM side), chronic since 2007 - sometimes, when my breast is flaring the pain and the feeling, especially up my face and in my head is pretty high on the charts.

I am on painkillers for my spine now, so hard to tell, but I do know I still have these symptoms, pretty much chronic, and they all onset with GM.

No one has ever been able to explain this to me.

JoEllen
I get the tingling and muscle spasms across my chest and down my left arm (the side with GM) and even down my back but have not had it in my scalp or head thus far. I am sure it is uncomfortable and driving u nuts. I would talk with your doc about this new symptom though. Hopefully this new symptom goes away soon.
Hi there -

Red's right, the burning and tingling does drive you NUTS - I remember just folding over from the pain and sensations - couldn't sleep, would try to shake it out, stretch, nothing worked.

I still get the same sensations when my breast flares (abcesses).  There is at least one other member, sorry can't recall who now, who has also had these symptoms, because I know when she posted I thought - thanks goodness, someone else has these bizarre, radiating pains and sensations, on their GM side of their body/head, because the doctors could never figure them out at all.

I ended up having a brain MRI due to a separate loss of sensation issue - more spine related, but anyway I have abnormal lesions on my brain.  They are non-diagnostic, which of course just means no one knows what they are - lol - anyway I would not be surprised to find they came with the GM.

Hope you are feeling better.

It did get better for me, is getting better.
Jo
Thank you all for your comments...sorry it took me so long to respond. I have quite a few weird/new symptoms going on. The scalp burning and tingling was REALLY bad for about a week and a half. Then I started to have this insanely intense tingling, hurting pain in both of my breasts accompanied by lots of lumps and soreness. That has been going on for a week or so now. So...I'm not really sure what to think. I am thankful to know that some of you have had some of these symptoms too...it's good to not feel alone. Then again, though, I am not happy that any of us have to deal with this stuff at all :(

Thanks for sharing, and for your support, though! : )
momnyc joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 13
B22mama joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
Sar024 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 19