563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Trying natural methods & Information Gathering
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
229 members

I have been exploring natural methods to heal my IGM.

Great success with drinking pomegranate juice daily, green tea (reduces inflammation) and aloe vera juice. The aloe vera juice seems to work best drinking 6 oz with 2 oz of grape juice...to choke it down. When I stop drinking the aloe vera juice, inflammation returns and lumps/bumps. My scars are healing when my doc told me "this is your body now."

Also, I was wondering about our common bonds. Something is obviously common with us. I see many women mention they are Canadian...well, me too. I grew up in Eastern Ontario and moved to the states 13 years ago. I am wondering if we create a google doc to gather information - meds taken, effectiveness, prolactin level (if known).  Seems like there is not medical experts out there, but we are. If we combine our knowledge maybe doctors will have a better understanding IGM rather than "practicing" theories on us. Anyone interested in this?

I am. I was thinking on this last night. I wondered how many others had auto immune diseases and what they might be. If by chance there is a connection there. I have upped my Vitamin C and just picked up Cranberry juice organic and 100%. I have IBS as well so have to be careful what I drink and eat. Let me know how this data is to be collected and if I can help.

Cyn

p.s. I do hope I am posting things correctly.
I will try to figure out how to work google docs. I was thinking about creating a spreadsheet for all of us to add our info to or using survey monkey. Any help and  all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Good Morning, I asked my son about Google doc. he explained it and this concept seems to fit well, save, the anyone can use it. "Anyone" He did not take the time to show me how it works. I am game and would love to see what medical conditions others have. Let me know what I can do to help.

Cyn
We can also use Survey Monkey. This would tally all the info for us.
I am definitely interested. I am savvy with Google Docs. I will help in any way that you need.
I am interested too!
This is great!

Iba823 - yes, I would take you up on helping. I have never used Google Docs, only heard that they are useful. Do I set up a spreadsheet and then everyone can add to it?
Awesome, I would like to add please, can we all list the other diseases we have I am truly wondering if this in fact an auto immune disease, or definitely related.
I have a list of questions ready to go. I just need to get them in a spreadsheet or in survey monkey. I will keep you updated.
Hi everyone! I'm happy to do it. Anyone that has Gmail can add information if we collect their e-mail addresses and invite them to share the document. It's actually changed to Google Drive now but same concept. Do you want me to start the spreadsheet? I will post my e-mail and you can personally send me your e-mail address if you'd like to be invited. I can't wait to consolidate all of this information!

@Coffeeknitter I've started drinking pomegranate juice every day so I'll let you know how that goes. Where are you ladies buying the clay?

Last night I had another abscess rupture so it's time for me to get some rest.

Cheers everyone
@Iba823 Good luck with the pomegranate juice. I honestly believe it helped me. I am in an outstanding place with this disease. I had a bump the size of a pea recently. It did not rupture. I am amazed this morning how small and soft the bump is today...awesome!!!

I have a list of questions typed up. Email me at shannon_dillon***@**** and I will send you what I have so we can get this project started.

If anyone is in Minnesota and needs a doctor, mine is fantastic. I have not seen her since July (which is a huge change from weekly to monthly). She was thinking about me this week and had the nurse contact me this week to see how I am doing. The care I have received from my doctor and the nurse that works with me has been phenomenal.

Stay positive and strong! We are  all going or have been through this together. You all have become my best support system. Just knowing I am not alone in experiencing this gives me strength. You all are outstanding and strong women.

Make today amazing!
I buy my clay from www.specialclay.com.  It is a very simple, almost primitive website.  I buy the 5 pound bag of dry calcium bentonite clay.  It goes a very long way for the price.  The ratio for mixing is approx. 2 water to 1 clay.  You can mix a big batch and cover it with plastic wrap (1 c. water to 1/2 c. clay) or you can mix individual matches to make one poultice.  I sometimes do that when I travel.  I mix 4 tsp water to 2 tsp clay in a small plastic cup with a plastic knife.  It seems to make just the right amount to cover the area that was diseased.  There is another kind of clay on their website called Magnetic Pascalite Bentonite Clay - 5 lbs. Powder.  I have used it.  I don't know if it is better.  It is more expensive.  Either will work.
hi there ,i do have auto immune disease like sjogren's syndrome  n i do have granulomatous mastitis had one surgery n one time abscess drained removed now i m seeing acupuncture if she can help me n i take herbs home remedy n i m feeling better lets cross finger it stays that way
I would be interested in knowing how acupuncture turns out and the herbs.

Good luck.
I tried acupuncture n i m on home remedies (herbs) n i m also taking ayurvedic chywanprash  its goods to boost ur immune system i m doing everything to cure me from this disease . let me know if u guys want to know any other infomation wht i m taking ..i just want all womens out there to be cure:)
Heathercmck joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 02
ummtalha joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
87CareBear joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 19