563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
What causes these flare ups?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
254 members

What causes these flare ups?

Has anyone been able to determine what makes this autoimmune disease flare up?  Four of the five times has been the first week of March. Allergy?  Hormone ?  A friend of kind eliminated caffeine to reduce her breast cysts, possible option?
Did you notice flare ups happen around the time of your menstrual cycle? I didn't realize it until my mom told me that alot of the women in the forum get it with their period.  My first symptom came with my menstrual cycle.  My newest abscesses also showed up just days after my recent menstrual cycle.  You mentioned that most of your occurs at the beginning of the month, are you getting your cycle around this time too?  

I'm currently looking into healing naturally, changing my diet and taking supplements.  I just posted a question for those in the past who have healed naturally to share what worked for them so may I suggest you click "watch" or "follow" my post if you would like to try that as well.  I wish you luck and may you also find healing!
I have noticed the same; It gets worse 1 week (aprox) before my period...maybe because before GM my breasts used to swollow anyway, and if we add to the natural swollowness the GM inflamation (inflammation)..we have the answer..the body cannot deal with the inflamation (inflammation) and the abscesses start.

I am trying natural treatments as well! but I am doing Bee Venom...love it!
Hope this helps!

I definitely think you should eliminate caffeine but I can't say it won't eliminate the flare ups totally. This is all a learn as you go infection, or learn from others.
I have eliminated caffeine and while I don't think it makes a difference in how often I have flare ups, I think it does help some with the intensity of the pain.
raybirds joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
samaz joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 13
MoViris joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 10