What do you do about work?
Hello everyone,

Firstly thank you to whoever set up this site - it is just what is required for what is an infuriating and stubborn disease.  After going through the cancer scare which many of you seem to have, I was diagnosed with GLM in December 2012.  After getting past the initial infection/inflammation and trying 3 different types of antibiotics, I started feeling like my old self in the new year and back to work.  I formed 3 small abcesses at the end of January which were felt too small to be drained and I just felt generally unwell - feverish, tired, dizzy when I walked.  The abcess has now burst and is painful while also very gross with regular dressing changes (apologies if TMI).

I am in Sydney, Australia and due now to see a Breast Physician who I'm hoping will provide a bit more care.  Dr's/Professors advice of you just have to wait it out, take pain killers and see what happens is very frustrating.

I guess I have 2 main areas of concern that only other sufferers can really comment on:

1.  What did you do about work?
2.  If you went on steroids, how bad is the weight gain?

I've been off work for 2 weeks now with these abscesses and feel so guilty, especially since I just started the job.  I don't want to muck the new employer around and just not sure what to do.  I'm also already 30kgs overweight and if they put me on steroids I am concerned about further weight gain and whole lot of other health risks that come with that.

Thank you all for any help you can provide.

Sam
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sush560 commented on Sush560's status
Jen730 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 08
Kashes joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 07