563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
What kind of bra are you using?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
248 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What kind of bra are you using?

Good morning ladies (it is morning in my part of the world)

I tried to look for similar topic in previous threads, but couldn't find any. So anyway, I'm curious as to what kind of bras do you use either before or after any kind of surgery (excision/mastectomy/etc). Because right now, I'm having a flare up and my 3 and almost 2 year-old kids keep bumping into my breast and reducing me to tears. I hate to think how it'll be right after a surgery. Sometimes I wish I can wear a coconut shell like a hawaian dancer.
Tags: bra, surgery
2 Comments
Blank
1548207_tn?1303457780
I totally know what u mean I have a 4 year old and its hard to explain mommy's booboo. But try to make them more aware it does help some. I wear a underwire bra with slight padding if I'm feeling good but if I am having a flare up a good sports bra is the best. I also usually layer a tank top with a built in bra over the sports bra so they move as little as possible.  The sports bra I like best I got at target and its pretty comfy. If u have an abscess or draining I suggest using nursing pads rather than gauze I like the lansinoh brand they are pretty big and absorbent but easily hid under clothing. I'm here if u ever need anything.
Blank
Hi there

I find the tightest bra as possible, with the most support, so like Red says, your breasts do not move much.  I also would wear as much padding as possible in case I did get a jostle or had to lie prone for treatment of my back.

I have read before that underwire can limit circulation but I would assume it depends on how tight things are.

I also stopped wearing deodorant, or using any creams, other than antibiotic ointments prescribed by the doctor.

Cheers, Jo
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
momnyc joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 13
Blank
B22mama joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
Blank