563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
antidepressant and GM
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
229 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

antidepressant and GM

HI all!
Anyone taking antidepressant before getting GM?
I was taking Zoloft (Sertraline for 2 years) before GM started..and found a Document about antidepressant and GM.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23091553

Thanks!
Veronica
2 Comments
Blank
4628530_tn?1369112686
Interesting. A few months before I tried Celexa and Zoloft, which made me sick. I was then put on Lexapro for about 5 months before my GM started. I also wonder if there is a correlation. I used to work out and was taking casein (protein powder) and wonder if this or the deodorants I used could have started this. hmm.
Blank
Look at this:
3.16 ENDOCRINE

3.16.1 SUMMARY
        A. Gynecomastia, galactorrhea, breast pain, and breast enlargement have rarely been reported with sertraline use.
    3.16.2 CLINICAL EFFECTS
        A. GYNECOMASTIA
            1. Gynecomastia, galactorrhea, breast pain, and breast enlargement have been reported with sertraline use (Prod Info Zoloft(R), 1992; Bronzo & Stahl, 1993).

I never had galactorreha or anything like that, but I remeber doctors thinking I could have duct ecatsia (is a condition in which the lactiferous duct becomes blocked or clogged)
I will ask my Doctor on the 26 of April I have and appointment.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
Heathercmck joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 02
Blank
ummtalha joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
Blank
87CareBear joined this group