563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
i too have this rare disease
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
258 members

i too have this rare disease

my gm before i knew what i was actually diagnosed with came with pains in my bilateral lower limbs muscle weakness to where i could not walk without assistants and to top that off i got some weird infection under the skin of my rt foot during that time along with one of my eyes looking blood shot red,that part is still happening,not sure if its associated but i feel that it could be. had surgery,on steroids hope it leaves me soon.gonna go see eye dr.to rule anything else out.prayers to you all this passes for us.has any one had any of these similar symptoms.mine seem strange they seemed to have happened all at once.
Very interesting.  I have never heard of gm manifesting anywhere but the breasts.  In fact my breast surgeon said it was a disease limited to the breasts.
I got erythema nodosum about 3-4 weeks after my GM started.  First I noticed 2 red spots on my legs. Before I knew it, the red spots became painful and I started to get more red spots.  It was so painful I could barely walk.  I saw an infectious disease specialist and he diagnosed me with Erythema Nodosum.  I went on steroids for that, and was able to walk fine again.  The red spots were all different sizes, some were raised, some got darker in color.  But eventually they faded into faded-like bruises.  I'm vurious if maybe you had this too?

I did not get any blood shot red eyes though.  Keep in touch and let us know what's new with you and how your doctor visits are going.  Good luck to you!
JustineIGM commented on Granulomatous Mastiti...
Dec 12
ayiyi joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 08
Annaamiri joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 04