help get off pills please User Group
How to get off Percocets without feeling so sick?
About This Group:

It's hard to get off pain pills when you can't get out of bed without them. You need them but they take over your life. How do you do it? Cold turkey? Wean yourself off? Substitute with other pills? Help others if you know the answer. Or any help for that matter.

Founded by miss_boss on January 21, 2010
127 members

I have been on Percocets for the last 5 years, up to 8 per day......and take oxycontin at night.......These are prescribed medications and I told my doctor I wanted to start reducing them and he just told me to cut the daytime percocets in half....I wasnt really impressed.....I guess he truly doesnt understand that my body now has built up a resistance to them and I crave higher dosages......I hear of so many people that actually get liver problems, etc. so I truly want to find something better to take and get off them once for all......

Any suggestions for reducing to make withdrawal successful?  
Thanks!
1 Comment
Percocet have horrible withdrawls. Took them for a couple years and the addiction got so bad and progressed that I turned to OCs. I wish that there was a way to lay them down easily but there isn't. There is a Thomas Recipe in the addiction and substance abuse forum that helped me detox from Methadone which is one of the hardest drugs to come off of. So with alot of faith in yourself and a good support group to talk to about your feelings you can do it. The withdrawls are gonna last for a week or so and thats the hard part. If you have the pills and you began to feel bad that temptation of them being there and not taking them will be the hard part. Good luck and remember, you can do anything you set your mind to. We are here for you curlygirl2! Keep posting.  PEACE & LOVE

sky_is_the_limit
BammBamm27 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 15
patseguin219 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 18
mary310 commented on photo
Aug 12