1318592 tn?1274255658
Need advice
I am new to this site and quite nervous. I hope I am in the right place.  I have been addicted to ADD medication since I was 14 years old.  I am 33 years old now and my addiction is quite possibly dangerously out of control.  I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post my story but to summarize what has been happening in the past 5 months that is scaring the daylights out of me is that I have been staying awake for 72 hours at a time and sleeping for 2 days straight if possible.  I suddenly started chewing up my pills and I honestly don't know how many I am taking since I just take a bite of them approx. every hour to hour and 1/2. I have become a complete introvert and usually just stay up all night staring at a computer screen like a zombie. My memory has become short, I have no ability to focus or communicate effectively with others. My behavior has become erratic and my mood swings unmanagable.  I am developing noticeable rashes around my neck and my skin has a reddish tone.  I am not sure exactly how or why I got to this point but I can not stop popping these pills.  I hold a full time job as an accounting asst. and a buyer in a professional office but I can no longer hide this addiction as I have my whole life.  I desperately need help but just started this job 7 months ago and am not quite sure they would understand I need to leave for addiction treatment.  I guess for the moment I am looking for other people with the same problem to talk to.  I sure could use some advice.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
mhreyes commented on Fibromyalgia, aka, he...
Feb 22
Blank
dynamyt24 joined this group
Welcome them!
01/15
Blank
Soxfan23 joined this group
Welcome them!
09/14