help get off pills please User Group
New to weaning off of pain medication
About This Group:

It's hard to get off pain pills when you can't get out of bed without them. You need them but they take over your life. How do you do it? Cold turkey? Wean yourself off? Substitute with other pills? Help others if you know the answer. Or any help for that matter.

Founded by miss_boss on January 21, 2010
128 members

New to weaning off of pain medication

5466084?1268514961
I have been on 9 different types of pain medicines and through 14 surgeries since I was hit as a pedrestrian crossing the street in 2005.  The young adult driving shattered my bladder and I now have pins, plates, screws, and a rod in my lower right ankle, he fractured my pelvis and have had to undergo back surgery as well...
For the past 4 almost 5 years now I have been on Morphine, Vicodin, Robaxin, Ativan, Promethazine, 800 mg of Ibprophen, lidodrem patches and Lexapro and Ambien... every symptom I have is treated with a pill but I've tried to go cold turkey and flush my medications, I have tried 3 rounds of Physical Therapy and Acupunture as well as a chiropractor ...nothing has been successful against the pain.

I am a single mom and have 3 beautiful children to live for; therefore, Inpatient Rehab is OUT for me...it seems as if out patient is my only option?

I have heard many things about this new drug Suboxone but I am maxed out at al of my pain meds and honestly Detox is what scares me worse then anything in this world...

Any help or suggestions, please they would be greatly appreciated and welcomed...I need options...

Sincerely,

Lost in PA~Jess
TryingToFindMe joined this group
Welcome them!
May 21
BammBamm27 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 15
patseguin219 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 18