Safe to stop cold turkey?
I have a question.  I am currently on 30mg morphine sulfate ectended release tabs twice a day.
Last week my doctor and I discussed my desire to go off the opiates eventually and he said the opiates I am on probably are not doing enough for me anyway so we talked about tapering, etc, and how that worked.  

We decided that since I was trying the lyrica again we wouldn't change any other scripts this month, but if I wanted to I could try to "stretch" my doses of the morphine SR.  meaning try to go longer and longer in between them so I wouldn't have to fill scripts for the 15mgs next month etc, as we taper the dose.

My question is:  Since I am "adjusting" to the lyrica and it makes me sleep a lot, and probably will continue to make me sleep a lot for at least a month, So if I am able to make it past the normal 12 hours to stretch out my "scheduled" dose, is there any medical or "safety" reason I shouldn't just keep going and quit them cold turkey?

I don't have a mental dependancy on them, I just hate the side effects and have been on them so long I would rather just completely be done with them, rather than prolong the "withdrawal"

Speaking of withdrawl, has anyone else ever gone off 60mg of "morphine sulfate cr" cold turkey?

I don't even know if that is a lot, or what kind of "detox" to expect as far as symptoms of withdrawal, or how long it will last, etc.  

I am kind of a newb as far as getting off "addictive" medications.  I have tried to kick both caffeine and nicotine, and didn't do very well with those, lol, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
~pb
How are you doing today with your addiction?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
mhreyes commented on Fibromyalgia, aka, he...
Feb 22
dynamyt24 joined this group
Welcome them!
01/15
Soxfan23 joined this group
Welcome them!
09/14