Aa
A
A
Close
1348302 tn?1286579303
Safe to stop cold turkey?
I have a question.  I am currently on 30mg morphine sulfate ectended release tabs twice a day.
Last week my doctor and I discussed my desire to go off the opiates eventually and he said the opiates I am on probably are not doing enough for me anyway so we talked about tapering, etc, and how that worked.  

We decided that since I was trying the lyrica again we wouldn't change any other scripts this month, but if I wanted to I could try to "stretch" my doses of the morphine SR.  meaning try to go longer and longer in between them so I wouldn't have to fill scripts for the 15mgs next month etc, as we taper the dose.

My question is:  Since I am "adjusting" to the lyrica and it makes me sleep a lot, and probably will continue to make me sleep a lot for at least a month, So if I am able to make it past the normal 12 hours to stretch out my "scheduled" dose, is there any medical or "safety" reason I shouldn't just keep going and quit them cold turkey?

I don't have a mental dependancy on them, I just hate the side effects and have been on them so long I would rather just completely be done with them, rather than prolong the "withdrawal"

Speaking of withdrawl, has anyone else ever gone off 60mg of "morphine sulfate cr" cold turkey?

I don't even know if that is a lot, or what kind of "detox" to expect as far as symptoms of withdrawal, or how long it will last, etc.  

I am kind of a newb as far as getting off "addictive" medications.  I have tried to kick both caffeine and nicotine, and didn't do very well with those, lol, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
~pb
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1402969 tn?1324694160
How are you doing today with your addiction?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
mhreyes commented on Fibromyalgia, aka, he...
Feb 22
Blank
dynamyt24 joined this group
Welcome them!
01/15
Blank
Soxfan23 joined this group
Welcome them!
09/14