Bipolar and ADHD? Is it too late?
I'm 44yrs old. I was put on Prozac at 23 and told i had depression. Anxiety, mood, racing thoughts got worse and somewhere in my late twenties I was diagnosed with Bipolar. I knew since I was 5 yrs old that I was different and hated myself for my unacceptable behavior. The meds calmed me down some, but I continued to be the obnoxious, irratible, always anxious and jumping out of my seat person I always was. Just a few years ago I met a couple other people who are also bipolar. They aren't like me. They keep thoughts to themselves instead of blurting out everything that comes to mind, they aren't at all as hyper as I am, they can read and enjoy books, and they aren't confussed and loosing things all of the time. They get along with people. I figured maybe thier meds were stronger than mine??? Then i got a new Dr. this month and tells me my last Dr. only got 1/3 of my diagnosis right, and i also have ADHD!!??? From what he tells me, I'll be a new person! My family can't wait! I guess it's a good thing, but all I keep thinking about are the lost jobs, relationships and opportunities. I'm 44 and NOW I find a Dr. that may have it right? Anyone else have all 3? Will the ADHD meds (Guanfacine) help me after all these years?
Im so sorry that it took so long for them to find out whats going on. Unfortantly I dont really know the answers you seek. I hope that this new treatment will help you now. I know it doesnt fix all the things that were lost throughout the years but I hope you have some hope in being able to feel better and have the relationships you deserve.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Ungr8fulTirade joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 06
Chris81479 commented on Leg cramps... a re-vi...
Mar 31
saphirrain joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 27