mental health chats User Group
Bipolar and ADHD? Is it too late?
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
384 members

Bipolar and ADHD? Is it too late?

I'm 44yrs old. I was put on Prozac at 23 and told i had depression. Anxiety, mood, racing thoughts got worse and somewhere in my late twenties I was diagnosed with Bipolar. I knew since I was 5 yrs old that I was different and hated myself for my unacceptable behavior. The meds calmed me down some, but I continued to be the obnoxious, irratible, always anxious and jumping out of my seat person I always was. Just a few years ago I met a couple other people who are also bipolar. They aren't like me. They keep thoughts to themselves instead of blurting out everything that comes to mind, they aren't at all as hyper as I am, they can read and enjoy books, and they aren't confussed and loosing things all of the time. They get along with people. I figured maybe thier meds were stronger than mine??? Then i got a new Dr. this month and tells me my last Dr. only got 1/3 of my diagnosis right, and i also have ADHD!!??? From what he tells me, I'll be a new person! My family can't wait! I guess it's a good thing, but all I keep thinking about are the lost jobs, relationships and opportunities. I'm 44 and NOW I find a Dr. that may have it right? Anyone else have all 3? Will the ADHD meds (Guanfacine) help me after all these years?
1 Comment
Im so sorry that it took so long for them to find out whats going on. Unfortantly I dont really know the answers you seek. I hope that this new treatment will help you now. I know it doesnt fix all the things that were lost throughout the years but I hope you have some hope in being able to feel better and have the relationships you deserve.
rogelio63 is feeling so normal that h... Comment
Melissa3366 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 27
LivingInHope commented on My complicated life
Dec 10