mental health chats User Group
Confused
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
373 members

Confused

I am just curious if any body could tell me what justifies a nervous breakdown.  I have seen where it it now called Major Depression. I was diagnoised with Major Depressive Disorder single episode, and I am wondering if that means I actually had a nervous breakdown or just what. Can anyone help me understand this better. Thankyou.
i think that depression is different from a nervous breakdown
"The common cold " of psychiatric disorders as it is known in the Therapy circles.
It is another way of calling it, what is commonly known as "clinical depression"

Nervous breakdown is not a medical term. However it's accepted as a mainly reactive and time limited mental disorder with anxiety, stress and depression symptoms.

However, please do not be too concerned with the labels!   Make sure that you separate your self from your condition as much as possible.

Your life is much greater than the limitations and  symptoms of a medical "label"

Seek a good Holistic Energy Psychotherapist in your area. I'm from Canada and I have experience in this field with great results.

Check out my other posts in this forum for more info.
Post again if you have questions.
Blessings,
Nikodicreta

My first panic attack was 10 yrs ago. i was driving down the hwy with my head out the window in my old ford mustang and im not talking about a pretty one im talking old and run down but anyways i was starring up at the stars and all of a sudden i felt like i couldn't breath or take a deep breath and i went into panic mode. thought i had some kind of exhaust fume poisoning or something. I know stupid right? from that day on i suffered with this monster. I was put on xanax for years and wound up on some zoloft which the pills did numb it for a time. then after nearly ten years of this i started putting things together because of what a friend told me. He said, his doctor told him 20 yrs ago that stomach problems can cause anxiety and after he treated his stomach problems his anxiety went away. That got me to thinking about it and  my mind went back in time to the very first episode that i had. right before i hopped in that old mustang i ate a tuna fish sandwich and i douced it down with hot sauce becaus ei didn't have any mayo. Gross, i know but i never was a picky eater. then i started thinking about all my episode that followed. All the hot wings and beer. the crawlfish and etc. my anxiety was tied to my stomach yelling for help. I now eat very well and treat my newly diagnosed Gerd. i don't have anxiety anymore and have been working on wheening off of the stomach meds. any advise on some natural stomch helpers?
Hey TheBigPicture.

Glad you got off those nasty meds and most importantly NO ANXIETY!
A couple of suggestions for you.

1.For GERD Organic apple cider vinegar. 2-3 teaspoons in 1/2 cup of water 30' before meals.
helps with the lower esophageal valve function ( it's PH sensitive)
2. For long term G.I. and Digestive Health use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) for all your cooking needs. It is the only oil safe for cooking, as it does not cause inflammation.
It is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-viral. Truly Godsent!
Look into Oil pulling with EVCO.  www.coconutresearchcenter.com
Any questions please post again or message me directly
Blessings,
Nikodicreta
4Maddie44 commented on Voices in my head
4Maddie44 commented on Whatever
bluebird305 commented on Treatment
Aug 19