mental health chats User Group
My 11 year old son is hearing things
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
369 members

My 11 year old son is hearing things

I'm very worried about my son.  I don't know why this is happening but he's hearing voices and whispering and yelling.  I've never known there to be anything like this in either sides of the families.  He's embarrassed.  He just told me about this and it's been happening for a few years now.  Anyone know anything about this?
1 Comment
Hello, I'm sorry he is going through this. I'm very new to this group but had to post on your question. If he is hearing voices, take him to a psychiatrist ASAP. I have an 8 year old son who has, for the last year, been hospitalized twice for related issues. We didn't realize my son was hearing voices and his imaginary friends were actually hallucinations, until the first hospitalization. His voices were constantly on him, and he told us he would stab himself. Then we found the hidden steak knives. I learned a huge lesson at that point. Even if you are unsure about what is going on, it is much better for your child to get it tended to. We now have him on meds, and it is an ongoing struggle, but at least we know how to approach mostly everything that happens. I wish you the best of luck, and hope everything turns out ok.
joanna32 joined this group
Welcome them!
bluebird305 commented on mckansas's status
Jul 26
kiran07kk is ... Comment
Jul 25