mental health chats User Group
New to the site, not new to bipolar and borderline!
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
379 members

Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself. I am 33 years old, married to my soulmate for almost 8 years, and we have one son who is almost 7 and who deals with ADHD and sensory integration disorder. My husband is in the Navy and between his schedule and my son's needs and having a needy dog and being bipolar, it makes for a crazy life!!!
First I was dx'd with borderline personality when I was 20. Knowing what I know now about bipolar disorder, I believe I was bipolar back then too, but was not diagnosed fully. I was finally dx'd bipolar when I was 28. I had been in therapy for several months and had been depressed that whole time, and then one week I came in and I was over the top manic. I saw the psychiatrist at that practice a couple days later and was diagnosed bipolar NOS (which I believe is also wrong; I fit bipolar II to a tee but my bipolar has changed over the years).
I have seen therapists on and off and psychiatrists galore over the last 14 years. I have been in therapy the last 14 months with the same woman who is totally awesome, and totally gets me. I'm in the process of maybe switching from my current Dr. to an APRN who comes highly recommended. In the area I live there is a lack of GOOD psychiatrists, for adults AND children, which makes it hard for me and hard as a parent of a child with special needs.
I'm a rapid-rapid-cycler which makes life very interesting and tumultuous. The meds I'm currently on are: Lamictal, Trileptal, Pristiq, Abilify and Klonopin.
Anything else you'd like to know about me, feel free to ask! If you have read this far LOL. I look forward to "meeting" my fellow group members!
1 Comment
Hi, I read your story and can am happy to hear that you've accepted your disorder and have worked hard to remedy it. I was married once to a woman who I am 100% convinced was bipolar, but she refused to seek help and it killed the marriage. I wish you a long happy life and if you can help give insight into my problem, I would be grateful.
honey156 commented on photo
Sep 30
honey156 commented on photo
Sep 30
honey156 commented on photo
Sep 30