Perplexed with behavior of my 19 year old son.
Hello, I am new to this so I hope I get it right. My son is 19. He is extremely bright and has many interests. He was functioned well until about 2 years ago. He was in AP classes getting good grades, involved with Band and had friends but issues that he has always had escalated fast and extreme. His anger is out of control. Our family and his friends are almost unable to deal with him. He talks all the time. He will come to me and start talking about some fact and go on for 15 minutes. Most of the time it is not a fact that anyone is interested in but the hardest part is that he pauses so we attempt to add to the conversation and he literally looses it. He see's it as being interrupted and that is the most bothersome issue in his life. We are on pins and needles. His social skills seem to have disappeared. He no longer has friends. He is always getting into arguments if not with us he will get into a argument at school and try to embarrassed someone in class. He fight with people on line while playing games. It is almost like he wants to be angry and call people out. He lost his best friend because she finally said that nobody can handle his huge ego and the way that he talks down to people. There is more. But I think he has ADHD but I also think something else is going on. My family has a long history of just about every mental illness there is. I would not be surprised if he was Bipolar (There is a chance i am and my mother was) my hunch is that it is something else a form of autism maybe....Any thoughts ideas would be so helpful!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
rogelio63 whatever Comment
Dec 17
Ruenie joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 11
TheLightSeeker commented on Tough Year
Dec 09