Self help groups
Greetings to all,
    I am new here, 48 year old male near Flint Michignan. I have suffered from manic depressions for over 20 years now. Have had plenty of doctors and hospitals in my days. I have a problem with a new doctor who starts writing out scripts before I even speak. Thats why I was wondering if any one knew of any support group meetings in my area that area like AA or NA only for depression. The only groups I found so far meet only twice a month. I need way more. Would any one know of such a meeting or organization in the Flint, Genesee county Michigan area that might fit the bill? Any how, my prayers are with you all for I know how you feel. Been to the bottom many times. Black, all consuming and empty. Bless each and every one.
Douglas
Welcome. I dont know anything about that area but wanted to wish you luck in finding a support group and to welcome you.
Hi there, I'm not familiar with your area but if you call the psych dept. in a hospital in your area they should have day therapy groups where you do lots of things as a group like, discussions, going out, doing activities as a group and doing things that are fun. I'm not a group person because I am very introverted but I felt safe and actually got involved. It helped me to jump start my motivation to get on with life and it was in a safe supportive enviroment. .

I hope that was helpful. Good luck.
Thank you both for the warm welcoms.
   I am just getting started on this site so still setting up trackers and trying to learn. I look forward to chatting more as time goes on. Bless you both and all. May you find some peace and bliss even if its for a day.
Thank you
I have been diagnosed with major depression/dysthymia.  I also struggle with anxiety and add.  Goodie Goodie.    I get so tired of recovery but it is necessary.  I used to track my moods here but am trying to do that again. I hope to make some new friends here.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
musicfem joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 27
Sjmaki joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
katrinika commented on You are a Believer
Aug 29