Aa
A
A
Close
1468734_tn?1316539497
Self help groups
Greetings to all,
    I am new here, 48 year old male near Flint Michignan. I have suffered from manic depressions for over 20 years now. Have had plenty of doctors and hospitals in my days. I have a problem with a new doctor who starts writing out scripts before I even speak. Thats why I was wondering if any one knew of any support group meetings in my area that area like AA or NA only for depression. The only groups I found so far meet only twice a month. I need way more. Would any one know of such a meeting or organization in the Flint, Genesee county Michigan area that might fit the bill? Any how, my prayers are with you all for I know how you feel. Been to the bottom many times. Black, all consuming and empty. Bless each and every one.
Douglas
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome. I dont know anything about that area but wanted to wish you luck in finding a support group and to welcome you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Hi there, I'm not familiar with your area but if you call the psych dept. in a hospital in your area they should have day therapy groups where you do lots of things as a group like, discussions, going out, doing activities as a group and doing things that are fun. I'm not a group person because I am very introverted but I felt safe and actually got involved. It helped me to jump start my motivation to get on with life and it was in a safe supportive enviroment. .

I hope that was helpful. Good luck.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1468734_tn?1316539497
Thank you both for the warm welcoms.
   I am just getting started on this site so still setting up trackers and trying to learn. I look forward to chatting more as time goes on. Bless you both and all. May you find some peace and bliss even if its for a day.
Thank you
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1553173_tn?1358437689
I have been diagnosed with major depression/dysthymia.  I also struggle with anxiety and add.  Goodie Goodie.    I get so tired of recovery but it is necessary.  I used to track my moods here but am trying to do that again. I hope to make some new friends here.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
rogelio63 whatever Comment
Dec 17
Blank
Ruenie joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 11
1530171_tn?1448133193
Blank