mental health chats User Group
Self help groups
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
378 members

Self help groups

Greetings to all,
    I am new here, 48 year old male near Flint Michignan. I have suffered from manic depressions for over 20 years now. Have had plenty of doctors and hospitals in my days. I have a problem with a new doctor who starts writing out scripts before I even speak. Thats why I was wondering if any one knew of any support group meetings in my area that area like AA or NA only for depression. The only groups I found so far meet only twice a month. I need way more. Would any one know of such a meeting or organization in the Flint, Genesee county Michigan area that might fit the bill? Any how, my prayers are with you all for I know how you feel. Been to the bottom many times. Black, all consuming and empty. Bless each and every one.
Douglas
Welcome. I dont know anything about that area but wanted to wish you luck in finding a support group and to welcome you.
Hi there, I'm not familiar with your area but if you call the psych dept. in a hospital in your area they should have day therapy groups where you do lots of things as a group like, discussions, going out, doing activities as a group and doing things that are fun. I'm not a group person because I am very introverted but I felt safe and actually got involved. It helped me to jump start my motivation to get on with life and it was in a safe supportive enviroment. .

I hope that was helpful. Good luck.
Thank you both for the warm welcoms.
   I am just getting started on this site so still setting up trackers and trying to learn. I look forward to chatting more as time goes on. Bless you both and all. May you find some peace and bliss even if its for a day.
Thank you
I have been diagnosed with major depression/dysthymia.  I also struggle with anxiety and add.  Goodie Goodie.    I get so tired of recovery but it is necessary.  I used to track my moods here but am trying to do that again. I hope to make some new friends here.
sque joined this group
Welcome them!
HollowFeelings joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 17
rogersabio information seeker Comment
Sep 16