mental health chats User Group
Were they right about my diagnosis?
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
379 members

Were they right about my diagnosis?

BP II.  That is what they said I have three years ago and what they've been saying ever since.  I've had 2 Psych NP's and 2 Psychologists agree.  Sometimes I feel like if I hadn't gone to see one that first time, that if I hadn't broken down and just plowed thru like I'd been doing, that I'd be fine, diagnosis free, med free, yada yada yada.  Do any of you ever feel this way?  I think it's the meds that make me so "different".  I start thinking about this ever once in a while.
Rogelio
Yeah, plowing through probably would not have happened.  I tried that approach with a depression disorder and it just got worse.  

There is nothing wrong being on meds and receiving a bit of therapy man.  Nothing at all.  
Thanks,,don't hear that very often from people standing in front of you unless you're at a support group and I haven't had time to go lately.
They could be right. Might not be. Best bet: research research research. Learn everything you can about bi polar and the types, differences between the two, medications, coping signals, signs and symptoms. The more you find out, the more you'll answer your question.

As to plowing through and the other thoughts, they're irrelevant. You went to the doctor, they gave a diagnosis. Wasting time thinking of shoulda's are pointless. You can't go back, maybe you could have plowed through and functioned on your own, who knows. There are two answers to that, You could try if you really want to (its not advisable but ultimately your choice), or you could admit that you'll never know. Take charge of it, one way or the other.

Luck to you and I hope nothing comes off as too brash or anything, it's not intended that way
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo