mental health chats User Group
Why do i feel better after stopping my medication?
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
373 members

hi i ran out of medication a week ago and since then i've been feeling amazing.  like better than i've felt a LONG time.  idk why this is. i was on wellbutrin 300mg and seroquel 150mg for my depression.  the only negative affect i've had was less sleep but that's because the seroquel made my sleepy and i got too used to it. i don't know if this is a good thing or not because i'm afraid of having a relapse.  should i see a psychiatrist even though i don't want medication right now? thanks
Well I don't know what you have done since then, but I would say if you have a history of depression then you should continue to see someone for that even if you don't want to be on meds. It would be helpful to be under a doctors care just in case you do relapse also.
I just like to say. Welcome done 4 cumming  of your meds.     But. U should tell the. Doctor. Huni.   I  come of seroqel.  And I was on 300 mg.   I. Had to go bk  on the meds.  Really bad. Side effects.    Never. Again.      How are u now. X
It's not a good idea to just stop a medication.  I actually did a similiar thing a number of years ago. Interestingly enough, the medication was Wellbutrin. I was going through a very bad depression a number of years ago. I was under the care of a psychiatrist as well. He prescribed Wellbutrin for me, actually Wellbutrin 150 milligrams once a day. Without
telling him, I went off the Wellbutrin 150 milligrams. I wanted to prove I
didn't need the medication after all. I was okay for awhile. But the depression came back. Due to the fact that I had been on Wellbutrin before, my family doctor put me on Wellbutrin 150 again. Sometimes depression runs in families. Anyway, I'm recovered from my second depression. The second depression never got as bad as the first time I
had depression because I caught it in the beginning because I recognized the symptoms of my depression returning. I'm still on the antidepressant
Wellbutrin. I'm pretty sure I will have to take it all my life, but that's okay.
Taking an antidepressant is not a sign of weakness. It's a sign of strength.
It keeps my depression under control. As far as a sleeping aid, I recommend melatonin because it's natural as your body produces it.
Some people don't manufacture enough malatonin. Wellbutrin will balance the serotin in your brain. Unfortunately, I'm only reading your post now which I realize was written by you some time ago now. I hope you're feeling better and I hope you decided to go back on the antidepressant.
Medication is part of the solution to keeping depression under control but so is talking. Talking about your worries and concerns to a counsellor can be very helpful. I wish you well in your healing journey.
4Maddie44 commented on Voices in my head
4Maddie44 commented on Whatever
bluebird305 commented on Treatment
Aug 19