mental health chats User Group
how to get medical assistance
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
382 members

how to get medical assistance

hello board.  i have been trying to years to find affordable mental health.  i'm in pennsylvania.  seems like no one will listen, they can't help me or they want hundreds of dollars.  i only make $16,000.  i have applied for medicaid twice.  i'm so frustrated i'm sick of suffering and trying to counsel myself on some very troubling issues.  

can anyone tell me how they might have gotten state assistance?  i need to find some answers or how to's.  thanks.
Tags: health insurance, state assistance, Welfare
1 Comment
Hi.  I'm not in Pennsylvania but but every state has a crisis line that you can call and they have a lot of resources to direct you to a clinic that is either free for you where the county you live in will pay the bill or a clinic that has sliding scale payment options that is based on your income and you usually will get free services if you make a minimal amount or will pay hardly anything.  You can google crisis line for your state and get the numbers that are available to you or you can google clincs in your county that have sliding scale-the one I would do is the crisis line because they already have all the information you would need.  Hope this helps and good luck.
bc_survivor joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 22
4Maddie44 commented on photo
Oct 22
4Maddie44 commented on photo
Oct 22