mental health chats User Group
should i take medication for my anxiety?
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
367 members

over the last year i have developed horrible anxiety. i can feel it coming on, especially when im around my step daughter. my heart starts racing, i can feel my body get hot, i start to tense up, it gets hard to catch my breath, and i feel like hitting something. when i get like this i also get snappy with people. i know that its not fair to those around me especially to my husband so i was wondering if i should go on medication. if so what does anyone suggest? that way i can bring it up with my doctor
you might want to see a doctor and ask him that question :)
I've been on medication for anxiety on and off for the past several years.  Your anxiety seems to sound like it's pretty bad right now.  Medication can be a good *temporary* fix so that you can see a therapist and can more easily work out your problems.  Anxiety meds aren't really meant to be taken for long periods of time, so you'll eventually have to work out your anxiety by yourself.  Going to a therapist while taking mediation has helped me in the past.
rockinrobin32 for anyone who has wondered... Comment
Jul 20
KylieRMs_momma So I was thinking about don... Comment
Jul 18
bluebird305 commented on Treatment
Jul 16