should i take medication for my anxiety?
over the last year i have developed horrible anxiety. i can feel it coming on, especially when im around my step daughter. my heart starts racing, i can feel my body get hot, i start to tense up, it gets hard to catch my breath, and i feel like hitting something. when i get like this i also get snappy with people. i know that its not fair to those around me especially to my husband so i was wondering if i should go on medication. if so what does anyone suggest? that way i can bring it up with my doctor
you might want to see a doctor and ask him that question :)
I've been on medication for anxiety on and off for the past several years.  Your anxiety seems to sound like it's pretty bad right now.  Medication can be a good *temporary* fix so that you can see a therapist and can more easily work out your problems.  Anxiety meds aren't really meant to be taken for long periods of time, so you'll eventually have to work out your anxiety by yourself.  Going to a therapist while taking mediation has helped me in the past.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
musicfem joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 27
Sjmaki joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 12
katrinika commented on You are a Believer
Aug 29