non-twelve step recovery User Group
done with na/aa
About This Group:

This group is for people recovering from addiction or dependency who are seeking an alternative approach to AA / NA groups. Here I hope to discuss cognitive behavioral therapy, Smart recovery principles, exercise and diet.

Founded by lizmcc27 on October 1, 2009
39 members

done with na/aa

i am just looking for help. i am aa'd out!  it is obviously not the right way for me.  before i was  24 i had been to 6 different treatment centers. i am 27 now and still have a pretty hefty habit.  i am just trying every avenue i can.  i have a bloodline of relatives on both sides doing the twelve step thing.  its just not for me.  i cant kick the meth, so i am open and willing to listen to anything other than the same old nonsense that i know already. :)
4 1/2 years ago i decided that i was going to stop useing meth and i started going to na with some of my family because it help them so i figured that it would help me it was like i would get out of a meeting and want to use right then and there i didnt care after doing that for a year and not staying clean i had to stop going to meetings in order to get clean i have been clean now for 3 years and doing great i really wanted to quit doing meth so i did went through many many withdraws because of it be stuck to it because anything was better then what i was doing to myself then if you have the want to quit you can do it stay away from the "friends" that do it and take some time for yourself if you want to quit you have to quit the whole thing or it wont work
I've heard that jail works wonders.I have also heard that some people are incapable of being honest with them selves. Ive been reading a good book lately "People are idiots and I can prove it" by Larry Winget  Check it out ! That might help
If you want to go it alone for a little while, I'd pick up FEELING GOOD, a book by David Burns... it's basically the bible on Cognitive Therapy and it focuses on changing the way you think. It might help!
The evolution of understanding addi... Blank
Sep 07 by vinmat6652
Faythinme joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 11
suzannez222 commented on day 10 off Methodone ...
Apr 18