Newly diagnosed CVID
Hello  - I am 55 years old, female living in Canada.  I will be starting IVig in August. I'm a bit frightened of the potential risks but very hopeful of the expected improvement to fatigue, brain fog, swollen eyes and blurry vision and muscle / joint pain.   Can you tell me what you experienced if you have had IVig?  Thanks - dawn
Hi Dawn. My nickname is Boxedin. I'm 63 year old female living in UK. I too have been diagnosed with CVID. I began IVIg in (Vigan) August. The first infusion was half the dose to see how I reacted. As everything was ok I had to return the following week for the full dose but will normally be having infusions every three weeks. I can relate to all the symptoms you describe and can't as yet feel any difference. I've been told it takes quite a few treatments before the antibodies mop up all the bad germs etc.

I am new to this site and realise you will already have started treatment. Have you noticed any difference yet?
Boxedin
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
AleighCVID joined this group
Welcome them!
May 17
kitten2tiger joined this group
Welcome them!
12/13
isign4jesus joined this group
Welcome them!
11/13
Related Tags