primary immune disorders User Group
Newly diagnosed CVID
About This Group:

Anyone suffering from a primary immune disorder and would like to share stories,gripes,or inspirational stories.I would like to chat.

Founded by agood43 on April 3, 2011
5 members

Newly diagnosed CVID

Hello  - I am 55 years old, female living in Canada.  I will be starting IVig in August. I'm a bit frightened of the potential risks but very hopeful of the expected improvement to fatigue, brain fog, swollen eyes and blurry vision and muscle / joint pain.   Can you tell me what you experienced if you have had IVig?  Thanks - dawn
1 Comment
Hi Dawn. My nickname is Boxedin. I'm 63 year old female living in UK. I too have been diagnosed with CVID. I began IVIg in (Vigan) August. The first infusion was half the dose to see how I reacted. As everything was ok I had to return the following week for the full dose but will normally be having infusions every three weeks. I can relate to all the symptoms you describe and can't as yet feel any difference. I've been told it takes quite a few treatments before the antibodies mop up all the bad germs etc.

I am new to this site and realise you will already have started treatment. Have you noticed any difference yet?
Boxedin
kitten2tiger joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 17
isign4jesus joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 16
cgstar4 joined this group
Welcome them!
12/11