Aa
A
A
Close
5th dose, well kinda
I have switched it up.  After really getting hit after my last dose of 50,000 iu I decided to try the daily approach.   Mainly because I couldn't miss a day from work this week and when I take the 50,000 the next day i am all but useless with body aches, headaches, sick to stomach and extreme fatigue.  I started taking 6000 iu of d3 daily on Saturday.  I am fatigued, but the body aches aren't unmanageable so I think I am going to try this for a while.  I don't have my blood test for another 2 months so I guess we'll see.  Does anyone notice that body aches or any symptom seems to get lighter (or did when you were first starting) with a daily does vs the mega weekly does?  I just think I may not be tolerating the mega dose of vit d well.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I could not tolerate the mega doses of D2.  I had 5 of the 7 symptoms of adverse effects on the package insert. I had to play around with the oral daily doses of D3 to find what worked best for me. And, YES, I had many less problems, including joint pains, with the lower daily doses of D3. I did have to gradually work up to a daily dose of 4400 IUs D3 gel caps which is the dose I currently take. Whenever I go up over 5000 IUs daily I start to have problems. I should mention that even with the D3 doses I experienced symptoms as my D levels rose -- but those resolved themselves once my d level hit the therapeutic range. In other words, you may feel a little worse before you feel better. Hope this helps.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
168348 tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine 's ear surgery for kitty ag... Comment
15 hrs ago
242912 tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on photo
Aug 25
973741 tn?1342346373