5th dose, well kinda
I have switched it up.  After really getting hit after my last dose of 50,000 iu I decided to try the daily approach.   Mainly because I couldn't miss a day from work this week and when I take the 50,000 the next day i am all but useless with body aches, headaches, sick to stomach and extreme fatigue.  I started taking 6000 iu of d3 daily on Saturday.  I am fatigued, but the body aches aren't unmanageable so I think I am going to try this for a while.  I don't have my blood test for another 2 months so I guess we'll see.  Does anyone notice that body aches or any symptom seems to get lighter (or did when you were first starting) with a daily does vs the mega weekly does?  I just think I may not be tolerating the mega dose of vit d well.  
I could not tolerate the mega doses of D2.  I had 5 of the 7 symptoms of adverse effects on the package insert. I had to play around with the oral daily doses of D3 to find what worked best for me. And, YES, I had many less problems, including joint pains, with the lower daily doses of D3. I did have to gradually work up to a daily dose of 4400 IUs D3 gel caps which is the dose I currently take. Whenever I go up over 5000 IUs daily I start to have problems. I should mention that even with the D3 doses I experienced symptoms as my D levels rose -- but those resolved themselves once my d level hit the therapeutic range. In other words, you may feel a little worse before you feel better. Hope this helps.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine 's ear surgery for kitty ag... Comment
Jade59 commented on photo
Aug 25
specialmom commented on photo
Aug 25