Anyone with a 6 month or 1 year update?
About two weeks ago, I finished 24 weeks of taking 50,000 IU Vit D3 once a week. My Vitamin D level went from 21.5 NG/ML in January to 40 NG/ML in July. However, I am still having some up and down symptoms with muscle weakness and fatigue.

Also, Dr did not suggest a plan to keep my Vitamin D levels above 40. Since I was on large dosages for nearly 6 months, I thought I would try a taper down plan. Take 5,000 IUs a day for a few weeks, then 4,000 IUs a day for a few weeks, and so on until I get to a 2,000 IUs a day baseline.
Hi I suffered with body pain and fatigue and muscle weakness for a year too without any diagnosis. Found out 5 months ago that I have vitamin d deficiency. My level was 32 nmol or 13 ng/ml which is worryingly low. I was only put on 1000iu buy my doctor but i upped this to 4000 myself as i wasnt getting any better and my doctor was reluctant to increase my dosage as she did not want my calcium to shoot up and she preferred if my body slowly adjust to the medication. 5 months later, i can say im much better but i still have good weeks and bad weeks althought im a lot stronger than I was before. I do test myself from time to time tho and end up doing too much in a day which leaves me exhausted and i get delayed onset of muscle and bone pain etc. Recovery process is frustrating sometimes when you go through highs and lows and you think when is this going to end. But it will get better. And lot of the times i doubt myself if this is vit d def or is it a a more serious misdiagnosed condition. Ive lowered my dosage now to 2000 a day. My advise is get plenty of sun, rest and eat healthily. Goodluck
its about 8 months for me now, still not feeling completely well but definitely better than before i started my treatment of 5000 iu a day. my focus id crap, attention is crap, brain fatique is still here, my cognitive function is still bad i would say
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KateinCal commented on 14 Weeks Into Treatme...
52 mins ago
ToriRoche1238 commented on 14 Weeks Into Treatme...
Recovery from VDD
Feb 09 by KateinCal