582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Can the effects of Deficiency be reversed?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
292 members

Just diagnosed and delighted to find this group.
I have found this whole thing quite debilitating and am so relieved to find that the symptoms can be alleviated quite easily and that I do not have one of the many degenerative conditions that I have been tested for over the past 3 months.
However I am concerned about the possibility of rebuilding my muscle loss and bone degeneration.
Does anyone have experience of this?
My hips are incredibly painful and I have huge areas of muscle loss.
How long have you been vitamin D deficient and experiencing your symptoms?
Hi Londres,
I think the onset of the deficiency is probably linked to the removal of my gall bladder 2 years ago. Major symptoms started showing up about a year ago, but the last 6 months have been the worst in terms of deterioration. It wasn't until I read the forum here that I realised how many of the things which I suffer from are probably down to the VDD. I was informed of my deficiency, and sent a prescription,by mail as the result of yet another round of blood tests ordered by a physiotherapist, shocked at my muscle loss. I have not had the chance to speak to a health care professional, and am so pleased to have found this group.
Sue
I was just diagnosed with vit deficiency as well. My level was 17. I wa suffering from lower back aches, spinal pain, hip pain, all joints basically. But I have a medical history of Hashimoto Thyroiditis so these pains are usually associate with it. But the intensity got worse. I never thought to check my levels. And I was exhausted!!! I could sleep all day if I could. I could barely get off the floor too cause I was so weak. I've been active my whole life. So it was depressing. I'd get on the treadmill and wear out after one mile. When I use to run 10k's. I started D3 replacement last week. I hope it helps with the pain, the stomach issues and the tiredness. I've been using high levels of sunscreen so I'm sure that's why mine have dropped. But I have a history of skin cancer in my family so I don't want that. ;( I'm glad I found this blog. I know I'm not crazy now.
Hi sue,

I've just found out i have a vit d level of 18ng!.. and have just started taking 10,000iu of d3 daily.. the symptoms have been horrible!.. from what I've read about vit d defiency that once you do get your levels back up which takes a while then the aches and pains start healing but can take between 3months to a year for some to finally go away!.. I dunno about you but I cant wait to feel human again!.. :) I'm only on day 6.. how's your treatment going? You feeling any relief yet?.. Charlie
Sreenivasan joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 06
VICourageous commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jun 30
Ecologic commented on Let's pray for D...
Jun 25