Discouraged - any advice
My vitamin D test came back at 13 and vitamin B12 180 (iron and calcium were normal).  I took sublingual vit. b12 and 6000 vit D for a month - I was retested and was on the very low end of normal for both vitamin D and B12.  My doctor gave me a B12 shot and told me to continue the taking the B12 & Vitamin D supplements.  It is has been two months and I still do not feel 100%.

When I started taking the supplements, I started feeling a little better.  It has been two months and now seems as if some of the symptoms have returned.  Specifically:  the tingling sensation, fatigue and bruising.  

I am discouraged and not sure what I should do?  My doctors have not been helpful thorough out this "process" - I will not get into details but it took over four years to finally discover I had vitamin deficiencies.  The doctor that finally diagnosed me really did not give me much information on what to expect in terms of recovery..... I prefer not to go back to the doctor if it can be avoided.

Any advice?
For starts, find a physician interested in helping you.  This current one sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing and/or could care less.

Secondly, the vitamin D supplement dosage needs to be increased and you definitely need to be getting B12 injections on a weekly basis.  

What were the last lab results for the Vitamin D level and the Vitamin B12 level?  
What was your Mg level?  It is important to combine a Mg supplement with the vitamin D supplement.
My doctor told me that my Mg levels were normal (2mg/dl)

Thank you so much for the advice.  I was wondering if you have any advice on finding a doctor knowledgeable (and interested) in treating vitamin deficiencies.  My luck with local doctors has been 1 for 7.

It took over three years to finally find a doctor that agreed to test me for for D and B12.  (I researched causes of extreme fatigue and all the other symptoms I was experiencing at the time and requested the tests)
I live in France; did live in the states for a while.  What state are you in?  

I would recommend consulting an Endocrinologist to further investigate.  I find that general physicians don't really know how to treat these situations very well.  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19
Zee_13 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 01
Stb9 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26