582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Discouraged - any advice
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
298 members

Discouraged - any advice

My vitamin D test came back at 13 and vitamin B12 180 (iron and calcium were normal).  I took sublingual vit. b12 and 6000 vit D for a month - I was retested and was on the very low end of normal for both vitamin D and B12.  My doctor gave me a B12 shot and told me to continue the taking the B12 & Vitamin D supplements.  It is has been two months and I still do not feel 100%.

When I started taking the supplements, I started feeling a little better.  It has been two months and now seems as if some of the symptoms have returned.  Specifically:  the tingling sensation, fatigue and bruising.  

I am discouraged and not sure what I should do?  My doctors have not been helpful thorough out this "process" - I will not get into details but it took over four years to finally discover I had vitamin deficiencies.  The doctor that finally diagnosed me really did not give me much information on what to expect in terms of recovery..... I prefer not to go back to the doctor if it can be avoided.

Any advice?
For starts, find a physician interested in helping you.  This current one sounds like he doesn't know what he is doing and/or could care less.

Secondly, the vitamin D supplement dosage needs to be increased and you definitely need to be getting B12 injections on a weekly basis.  

What were the last lab results for the Vitamin D level and the Vitamin B12 level?  
What was your Mg level?  It is important to combine a Mg supplement with the vitamin D supplement.
My doctor told me that my Mg levels were normal (2mg/dl)

Thank you so much for the advice.  I was wondering if you have any advice on finding a doctor knowledgeable (and interested) in treating vitamin deficiencies.  My luck with local doctors has been 1 for 7.

It took over three years to finally find a doctor that agreed to test me for for D and B12.  (I researched causes of extreme fatigue and all the other symptoms I was experiencing at the time and requested the tests)
I live in France; did live in the states for a while.  What state are you in?  

I would recommend consulting an Endocrinologist to further investigate.  I find that general physicians don't really know how to treat these situations very well.  
FurballsMom commented on photo
opus88 commented on photo
FurballsMom commented on photo