582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Does it Get Worse Before it Gets Better?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
317 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does it Get Worse Before it Gets Better?

Hi all!

I was just diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency about a week ago.  My level was 29 and my doctor put me on 50,000 IU twice a week for 8 weeks.  I've taken two doses so far, and each day that I take the vitamin D I feel worse than the days I don't take it.  Completely exhausted, headache, mild nausea, etc.  I feel better (well, comparatively better) by the next day, but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced that as well, and whether it gets better.  I also notice that about 30 minutes after taking the vitamin D, my heart starts beating really rapidly and I feel extra nauseous, but that only lasts for about a minute.  Should I be concerned about that?

Thanks everyone!
2 Comments
Blank
I was intolerant to the 50000 vitamin D and experienced palpitations, etc. I found that taking vitamin D in gel cap form (most bioavailable) and gradually titrating up from a dose of 1000 IUs to 4000 IUs daily enabled me to raise my D levels from 20-54. However, it took a long time to do so.
Blank
Vitamin D has a bunch of co-factors that usually the docs forget to tell us about. The most important is magnesium. Vit D cannot work without also taking magnesium. Also, if you start taking megadoses of vitD without also taking more magnesium, you will develop a magnesium deficiency.

I had the same issue where I started to get better when I first got on the vitD prescription, but then things got worse. I read up on vitD, discovered the Mg link, started supplementing with magnesium and got better again.

Make sure to take a form of magnesium that the body can absorb, like Mg aspartate or citrate. Anything but magnesium oxide.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
Odieandmom joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 19
803938_tn?1403751853
Blank
Ecologic commented on mhv's status
Dec 18
Blank
Rainglo joined this group