Eye problems anyone?
9na
I've had red veins in my eyes for several months. A couple of months ago I started having trouble with my vision - it became blurry and it was hard to focus when I was reading, for instance. My eyes, espesially the right one, got even redder, and when there where red 'rays' pointing out from my iris, it hit me that maybe my contacts were the problem? I've been wearing contacts for the last 10 years, not even owning glasses - never had a problem. Oh well, I stopped wearing contacts and my eyes definitely got better. My vision was alright again (at least as soon as I got glasses ;) ), but the redness and pain/ache was still there.
I saw my optician a couple of weeks ago, she said that dry eyes could be a result of VDD, or so she had heard. She checked my eyes quite well and couldn't see any problem (but she figured that it all could have improved since I stopped wearing contacts).

Well, my eyes are still red (the veins in my eyes, that is). And especially my right eye is still aching from time to time. I've never suffered from dry eyes before, but I'm thinking that's probably the thing. I bought some eyedrops at the pharmacy, but I don't really feel a big difference. Maybe I should drop my eyes more often.. Hm

Just wondering - has anyone else experienced eye-trouble with this deficience? And has it improved with the d-therapy? (I've only been on supplements for about a month).
I also have vision issues. My eyesight would be blurry one day and the next would be fine. Now it's all the time. I have had some pain, but not too much. I wear contacts also. But now I need reading glasses for near. It could be argued that I am just getting old....but I don't think that is what this is.  
Yes.  Chronic dry eye and the need for reading glasses since a young age.  I get eye pain at times that becomes migraine related, too.  I'm using prescription allergy eye drops.  Not much difference with those either, but I do have allergies.  I'm not sold on the idea of those prescription eye drops they advertise on the commercials for chronic dry eye, because that stuff is too new on the market and it sounds like it could be a recipe for disaster with all the stuff they warn about.  It deals with lowering immune responses, too.  That doesn't sound particularly safe to me.
9na
Seattleanne: Sounds familiar - have to tried to drop the contacts for a while and just wear glasses? Can you see any changes in your eyes, or just feel it? Oh, and no, you are not getting old! ;)

FurballsMom: Does it feel the same in both eyes with you, or do you have more trouble with one of them? And do you ever have red veins?
My eye drops are non-prescription, they're called Artelac and seem quite 'innocent'. But as i said, I don't feel they help me very much...
Yes!  I have blurred vision, usually in one eye, that can last for days.  Comes and goes.  Hard to see the road at night, feels like vision fading.  Lately, have noted dry eyes, not blinking that often.  At night when close eyes, feeling like an effort to keep lids down.  Eyes feeling very tired.  Reddened.  Don't wear contacts, but have glasses on all the time.

Have not heard that eye issues are related to D.  Are they?

WAF
9na
Yes, blurred vision is quite often listet as a symptom I think. I'm kind of relieved that more of us are experiencing redness and 'fuzzy' eyes, because eye symptoms scare me more than many other symptoms, I think.

Hopefully the D3 will fix it a while - I really look forward to be able to wear contacts again, and to have pain free and not-so-red eyes!
Hard to say if I can see any difference.... The eye is not particularly red. I certainly notice that my night sight is worse, my general vision is changeable from day to day...my eyes just feel tired sometimes. I have been wearing only glasses for about a month and a half now and it helps a bit, I think. Weakandfalling described it very well... It does feel like my vision is fading. Hope it corrects!
9na
The feeling that the eyes are tired sounds familiar. Sitting much by the computer makes it worse for me, I think.
I'm often affected in both eyes.  Right now they are stinging and watering.  I know that sounds like a contradiction, as my doctor pointed out when I gave him the puzzled look.  It's not usually heavy watering, but the stinging can last.  It's time to use the allergy eye drops, as my allergies do affect my eyes, too.  Having multiple issues makes it hard to pin down what is affecting which symptom.  The eyes still feel dried out after they water on me.  The watering doesn't usually last, but the blurred vision and the stinging will.  Sometimes the eye pain is so bad that I give up and go to bed.

Definitely using the computer aggravates the problem.  

I got the recent vitamin D test results back.  I finally went over the 50 mark.  They said it was 58.  That is quite a contrast from starting out with severe vitamin D deficiency of 8.
9na
Wow, I'm glad your levels are looking great, FurballsMom! :) How are you feeling now?

My eye problems don't seem to get better... Some days my eye doesn't hurt at all, but some days it does. Red and 'irritated' always - it looks far better when I wake up in the morning, gets worse during the day.

The last couple of days I have noticed that at times my right pupil is bigger than the left one! Scary!
The one thing that definitely changed was not catching every virus out there that comes along, so I don't get colds and flus so easily.  I seem to still have the dry eyes and fatigue.  It's hard to know if I would have these problems anyway, though, since I have a lot of allergies and chronic migraines.
I have been experiencing not only blurred vision but flickering vision, like I am looking through rising heat... does that sound familiar to anyone?
9na
Oh, I have forgot to update this one. I went to see a good eye doctor about a month ago, she found that my right eye has too hight intraocular pressure, and I will go back in a couple of months to check if it's getting worse or remaining high - if it doesn't go back she was talking about treatment.

She also found that my right eye was too dry, and gave me the name of some high quality eyedrops to take 5-6 times or more a day, and a good gel to use at night.

I don't have as much pain in my eye as I did, but it is still red, and it feels dry often.

The eye doctor had no idea why I was having these problems, she assumed that it could be the VDD and that it would improve when my levels got better, she also said that I could have some kind of rheumatic problem... She assigned me to a neurologist because of the different pupils - but pictures tell me that my pupils have been different at least since 2005, more or less...

Well, I don't know if I got any wizer, really, but I got some good products to use, which is good :)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 19
Zee_13 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 01
Stb9 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26