582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Feedback wanted. Vitamin D results.
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
295 members

Feedback wanted. Vitamin D results.

After taking doctor prescribed vitamin D2 at 50,000 IU for 10 weeks and 3 weeks off of it per doctor order to get a reliable reading, my results from a blood test done on 5/17/12 show I'm only at 34ng. The doctor only recommended 2,000 IU a day from here on out. Based on what I've read on this board and many others, that is a low maintenance dose for someone who is at an adequate vitamin D level of say 60-80.  I tried 10,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day with food for a week but gave up due to stomach upset after each dose. I'm thinking of trying liquid D3 at 5,000 IU a day. Any suggestions on how to proceed with recovery? I still have all the same miserable symptoms. The worst being the flu like sick feeling, brain fog, EXTREME fatigue, ringing in ears, dizzy, lightheaded, tingling hands and feet, burning sensation on hands,forearms, feet and calves.This doctor claims my blood results only show a vitamin D deficiency. B12 and ferritin were tested on 5/17/12 as well but apparently came back within this doctor's guidelines. The severe symptoms started on 6/07/11 so about 6 months of this. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond. It is appreciated.
Do not despair, you will find a form of vitamin D you can tolerate. I could not tolerate vitamin D3 10,000 IUs or even 6000. What worked for me was gradually going up to a dose of D3 gel caps 2 1000 IU caps in the mornining with breakfast and 2 1000 IU caps in the evening with dinner. It's also important to get enough magnesium to absorb the vitamin D and to take it with a fat also for absorption. As I said I worked up to this gradually and, for me, I was unable to go up higher even to 5000 IUs, though some on this forum have no problem with high doses. It took me about 9 months to raise my levels at this dose. Good luck.
Have you tried the D3 drops?  How are you doing?
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
Djg1028 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 21
mambojazz commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jul 20