582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Gallbladder Problems?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
295 members

Gallbladder Problems?

Anyone else have gallbladder issues?  Is it due to the low Vitamin D or is it unrelated?
I can't say I have had any problems with my gallbladder. Thank goodness.  I know others have issues with what they think are food sensitivities.  Have you had a change in the way you eat or have you gone on a diet?  Hopefully someone can give you the answers you seek.
No and to tell you the truth im not 100% sure it is my gallbladder just going by what my doctor says, but the reason I say that is i've had some lower abdonominal pain this week everytime I eat and it doesn't matter what I eat and the pain only lasts for like 30 minutes or so and its not really bad pain either more like a dull crampy feel
The Gallbladder is in the Rt. upper quadrant of your abdomen.  Your pain doesn't seem consistent with gallbladder.  Even so, there are tests that they can do to check the gallbladder.  They can do an ultrasound of the upper Rt. quadrant of the abdomen, if that is negative they can do a HIDA scan.  Usually if those are both negative than it has nothing to do with the gallbladder.   I hope this pain is short lived and easy to diagnose.  
I had an ultrasound which was negative and now my doctor wants me to do a Hida but im scared cause i've read it hurts so i've refused to get it done.  The only symptoms I really have associated with gallbladder issue is occasional pain under my right breast (Which ive read could be acid reflux, gerd) and my abdomen is tender to the touch but couldn't that be cause by vitamin d?  I really don't like my doctor cause she seems fixated on my gallbladder but i'm stuck with her cause there are no other options round here, especially for people like me who are unemployed and no insurance.
The HIDA scan tries to duplicate gallbladder pain.  If  the pain is not your gallbladder it shouldn't hurt.  So, if you don't want to do this you need to try to rule out other causes.  Do you have any other symptoms associated with VDD (Vitamin D deficiency)?  Check out our lists on this forum.  Do you have other symptoms of acid reflux?  If you feel you do to either one.  Be insistent.  When you go to the doctor know what you want and why you want it.  I had to beg for the Vitamin D test.  (Vitamin D 25OH)  My doctor was doubtful, but come to find out I was extremely deficient. (11ng/ml)  At the time he had never seen anybody so low.  Because of me he now tests more regularly and has found a host of people in the same boat, some even lower than myself.
Yeah I have a lot of pain, dizzynes that comes and goes, heart palpatations, muscle spasms, and twitching
I had low VDD of 15 back in Feb.  Have been having digestive issues for more than a year (along with D issues, weakness, fatigue, dizzy, tingling etc).  Had every test know to man.  Finally had HIDA scan done.  No stones, but overactive gallbladder.  Had it taken out two weeks ago.  Still taking my D, got my levels above 40ng.  Met with my surgeon today.  He stated bad GB can definitely affect fat soluable vit like D since your body is not processing fats properly due to bile issues related to dysfunctioning GB.  Just been two weeks but starting to feel better.  Will continue to take my 5k of D.  Still haivng some tingling, weakness but seems to be getting better.
Have you had your thyroid levels checked?
Curious.....are u still doing better?
Yes, doing better.  Had other health issues (CTS, ulnar nerve) but my digestive issues seem to e getting better.  Had lost weight and am now putting it back on.
Sorry for the lat response.  Med Help is supposed to notify me is there has been a post on a thread that I have posted.  Sadly, it did not.
To answer your question.  My thyroid tests all came back normal.
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
Djg1028 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 21
mambojazz commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jul 20