582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
High vitamin D relieves muscle pain?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
380 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High vitamin D relieves muscle pain?

So I was convinced I had low vitamin D, this after I took high doses and my chronic fibromyalgia-like muscle pain subsided when I took it like that. I'm now very confused, my levels were 102 so they want me to stop.
My best guess now is that that high a dosage, 20K to 30 K per day was forcing my calcium to absorb better into my muscles and maybe it's more about an underlying calcium absorption problem? I wish the naturopathic student had anything at all for a possible explaination for this situation. She just said stop taking D, and we will retest, and come back in if your back hurts again. Well, duh, I told her I suspect I'll be back in big time pain in days! I'll keep my calcium now plenty high, as I increased it some when I took d for best absorption between the two. But if anyone knows more or can tell me if maybe the d can circulate in your blood stream in high amounts but not be getting into the tissues very well, or if Chrons/Celiac/other malabsorption could do this sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it.