582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
High vitamin D relieves muscle pain?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
298 members

High vitamin D relieves muscle pain?

So I was convinced I had low vitamin D, this after I took high doses and my chronic fibromyalgia-like muscle pain subsided when I took it like that. I'm now very confused, my levels were 102 so they want me to stop.
My best guess now is that that high a dosage, 20K to 30 K per day was forcing my calcium to absorb better into my muscles and maybe it's more about an underlying calcium absorption problem? I wish the naturopathic student had anything at all for a possible explaination for this situation. She just said stop taking D, and we will retest, and come back in if your back hurts again. Well, duh, I told her I suspect I'll be back in big time pain in days! I'll keep my calcium now plenty high, as I increased it some when I took d for best absorption between the two. But if anyone knows more or can tell me if maybe the d can circulate in your blood stream in high amounts but not be getting into the tissues very well, or if Chrons/Celiac/other malabsorption could do this sort of thing, I'd really appreciate it.
20k to 30 k per day is one of the highest dosages I have heard.  A Vit D level of 102 (assume ng) is also very high.  Vit D can get toxic and casue lots of problems.  I believe the ideal range is 50-80ng, but everyone is different.  Ive been taking 5k/day for 5 months and got my levels from 29 to 42ng in that time.  Good luck.
All I can say is, I make no stomach acid and likely have a serious absorption problem.
I'm going to demand hard copy so I know what levels and what test they ran to being with.
It's been 24 hour off of D and I'm in muscle pain again. I suspect that they either ran the wrong test, or are not up on what is written on the vitamindcouncil website, which states that the min should be 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L), and optimal levels, 50-80 ng/mL (125-200 nmol/L).
I'm going to be sure they know what they are talking about because I'm tired of suffering.
It makes no sense that I could get my results up that high in such a short time on that level, I mean only 8 days. I think they may be interpreting the (nmol/L number) as the ng/mL and I only have 102, out of a min of 125 and I'm still low on the nmol/L measurement by blood.
If I don't ask, I won't know if they've messed up. If this isn't the solution, then I'm sure it's much more likely all about calcium deficiency.
You must be outside the US :)
We use the ng measurement here so the 102 sounds high until you said it was nmol! Lol
You numbers are not too high. Though I would take 10k iu/ day until you feel better then drop to 3-5k. I was taking 10k /dayfor over 9 months... Dropped to 5k. I have no insurance so I can't afford to retest:(. But I feel better than I have in many years.
FurballsMom uploaded new photos
Citymom03 joined this group
Welcome them!
AyeLea joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 25