I have been always fit in life. I hardly remember going to a doctor. I had therefore never chnaged my HMO to PPO. This all started around 5 years ago. My wife tells me that me that I had started to slow down in terms of my energy, interests, but I did not see much difference. May be that I required a nap after every big meal etc. Also, internally somehow based on my inner instinct (that was telling taht something is not going right) I had started eating healthy - salads and sandwitches instead of Chines, Thai, and Maxican food.
2 years back it (March 2011) it started to become a night mare:
- I started waking up 1 hour early as I could not sleep
- Gum of my tooth where root canal was done 12 months ago was not healing. My dentist had no clue why it is not healing when the root canal has been done right. He sent me to Pero-dentist(spell!!) who asked me to use the jet spray between my teeth. It did not help.
- While shaving I started feeling pain in my left side upper arm
- One Saturday, my heart started racing and my blood pressure shot up to 180 over 95. I went into emergency and they gave me medicine for anxiety
- The day I took anxiety medicine, it was ok but other days I felt terrible. I did not feel like doing house chores or go out to buy grocery. I started to lose interest in everything.
- I went to doctor and he did my annual check up in April 2012. It came out that my Blood Pressure was 145 over 90. He put me on BP medication - Cozaar.
- At that time, in April 2012 they did Vitamin D test. It came out to be 12. On my specifically asking, doctor asked me to start taking 400 IU of Vitamin. Since this amount was in Multi-Vitam,in taht I had just started, I thought that I am ok.
After 6 weeks of taking 10,000 IU to 12,000 IU D3 (liquid form over the counter from Sundown) everyday for past 6 weeks, I am a completely new person. All teh energy, feel good, sleep is back...gums have healed and some skin scars which were there for years are disappearing.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.