582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
I got cured of Vitamin D Defficiency(symptoms and cure)
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
317 members

My time to pay back to this site:

Part I ( as site complained that it is too long)

I have been always fit in life. I hardly remember going to a doctor. I had therefore never chnaged my HMO to PPO. This all started around 5 years ago. My wife tells me that me that I had started to slow down in terms of my energy, interests, but I did not see much difference. May be that I required a nap after every big meal etc. Also, internally somehow based on my inner instinct (that was telling taht something is not going right) I had started eating healthy - salads and sandwitches instead of Chines, Thai, and Maxican food.

2 years back it (March 2011) it started to become a night mare:

- I started waking up 1 hour early as I could not sleep
- Gum of my tooth where root canal was done 12 months ago was not healing. My dentist had no clue why it is not healing when the root canal has been done right. He sent me to Pero-dentist(spell!!) who asked me to use the jet spray between my teeth. It did not help.
- While shaving I started feeling pain in my left side upper arm
- One Saturday, my heart started racing and my blood pressure shot up to 180 over 95. I went into emergency and they gave me medicine for anxiety
- The day I took anxiety medicine, it was ok but other days I felt terrible. I did not feel like doing house chores or go out to buy grocery. I started to lose interest in everything.
- I went to doctor and he did my annual check up in April 2012. It came out that my Blood Pressure was 145 over 90. He put me on BP medication - Cozaar.
- At that time, in April 2012 they did Vitamin D test. It came out to be 12. On my specifically asking, doctor asked me to start taking 400 IU  of Vitamin. Since this amount was in Multi-Vitam,in taht I had just started, I thought that I am ok.

Part 2...continued
Tags: Vit D Defficiency, sumptoms, Improvement
It is not letting me put full part II.

After 6 weeks of taking 10,000 IU to 12,000 IU D3 (liquid form over the counter from Sundown) everyday for past 6 weeks, I am a completely new person. All teh energy, feel good, sleep is back...gums have healed and some skin scars which were there for years are disappearing.
Sorry for the missing information between Part 1 and Part II

I had suffered from April 2012 to now...it is only 6 weeks back I had started Vitamin D when my relative told me to do so.I will create another post with shorter but complete story....
Hey that's great you're cured! Awesome. I was curious what vits you take now to stay healthy, and whether you get re-tested to check vitD levels.
I took vitamin D3 (liquid form made by Sundown, available OTC) 6,000 IU per day for 1 month and then 10,000 IU per day for the past 3 weeks.

I need to find out how much Magnesium and Calcium I should take. I am taking normal muti-Vitamin ( 50 plus).
Odieandmom joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 19
Ecologic commented on mhv's status
Dec 18
Rainglo joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 17