582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
I had a question but no anwer
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
299 members

I had a question but no anwer

How come I can't get an answer to my question? Seems no interest but why?
No idea. same thing happened to me. I've been waiting for some insight myself. what's your question? I am new to this board, so i might not be of any help but i am wlling to try.
Just read this post and have questions. To start, I have severe pain issues (DDD/DJD). I am also HIV+ for over 20 plus years. Was told my Vit d levels are a little low and prescribed cholecalciferol 5,000 units but reading about some serious issues with this med. What do I need to watch out for? My counts are very good. Nothing to watch out for there but will this affect my pain issues or is this related? I take Norco 10/325 once a day and just had a nerve block (radio frequency obliteration) procedure. I have a history of steroid injections and may need to get more. Please advise as I don't need any more medical problems...thanks.
ok, first off, what issues have you read with taking the D3 and where did you read it? If you are deficient in vitamin D, I hear that's a good form to take and should help problems relating to it. It should not make you worse as long as your doctor is monitoring your blood levels for any abnormalities. Also, 5,000 is not the huge a dose to worry about....especially not as we approach winter. What were you Vitamin D levels?
I searched for your post and left a suggestion there.  For some reason your post was hard to find.  Sometimes what happens is that for some reason a post doesn't show up in email notices or a person has been unwell or crazy busy and might have missed the posts in the emails for a few days.  Therefore the posts get missed.

And, yes, 5,000 iu vitamin D3 is actually what the Vitamin D Council recommends.  I urge you to check out the site and to make sure you check out the information about magnesium as most people in America are also magnesium deficient.  Actually, it irks me that more conventional doctors don't recommend the simple solution of taking magnesium since that's what the Vitamin D Council explains is necessary in order to benefit from your vitamin D.

Do check out the information they have for what to do if you have a cold or flu virus.  You will be floored by how much is recommended that we take when we first develop cold or flu symptoms and through the duration of the cold or flu.  It's totally worth checking it out.  Through my personal experience I can attest that their suggestion totally works.  I have had so many horrid cold and flu virus attacks throughout my life, but ever since I've worked so hard on keeping my vitamin D levels up I haven't had more than one cold in many years now, and it was minor because I knocked it down by following the suggestion on the website.  And, I'm one who gets knocked down bad with those viruses when I catch them.  So, I can attest that their suggestion on the site really does work.

Definitely do check out the Vitamin D Council's website.  
RitaGayle joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 28
Namooni 's d levels are down again Comment
Aug 13
reallybuzzed Just enjoying the day...hav... Comment
Aug 06