582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
I might have vitamin d deficiency
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
316 members

I might have vitamin d deficiency

hello there.. i'm glad that i have found this forum since i am searching for the causes of symptoms that i have for about 3 years already like dizziness, brain fog, muscle & joint pain, cold hands & feet, pain on my fingertips and sometimes loss of balance and feeling of anxiousness.. I had several lab tests in the past and all the results came normal.  I also had a gastro-endoscopy wherein they found that I have H. Pylori.  Eventhough H. Pylori has been erradicated, the symptoms which I have mentioned are still there.  The dr also performed colonoscopy just this month and findings are normal.  So when I found this forum, I requested my dr to test my level of vitamin D, B12 and Folic acid.  I will get the result by Saturday or Sunday and I am hoping that I can finally find the answer that I am looking for a long time.
Your symptoms sound very similar to mine.  My doctor had tested me for all kinds of things and just couldn't find an answer.  After doing a ton of research, someone on Medhelp (one of the different forums) mentioned being tested for Vitamin Deficiencies and heavy metals.  My doctor really didn't think anything would come back, but sure enough I was severely Vitamin D def.  (I had already been diagnosed several years earlier with Vitamin B12 def. and being treated)  I hope you get an answer soon.  It is so hard to have symptoms and nobody can find a reason for it.  They start looking at you as if it is "all in your head".  I think when I found other people with the same symptoms I cried.  It was just knowing that I wasn't alone.
I just got the result of my lab tests.. my vit b12 is 835 pg/ml, folic acid is 1,239 nmol/l while my vit d is 24.8 ng/ml.  However, my internal med seems to be not knowledgeable about vit d deficiency since he is saying that I just need to take medication if my vit d is less than 10.  What specialist should I consult  which can help me to increase my level and to finally feel better.  Is endocrinologist the right person?  

While still looking for a specialist, I want to start taking vit d supplement.  Also, I read some posts saying about the importance of taking calcium and magnesium while taking vit d3.  Can you please help me for the starting dosage that is safe for my age and body built?  I am 32 years old and a 128-pound guy.

I am currently working here in Saudi Arabia and there is no available mega-dose Vit d3 in gel capsule here.  What they have is only Vit d3 drops.

Thank you in advance Gadget.
Ecologic commented on mhv's status
Dec 18
Rainglo joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 17
ucozade joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 14