582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Low Vitamin D means underlying disease
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
295 members

Low Vitamin D means underlying disease

I have a question that's been mind boggling for me.  I read somewhere that having a low vitamin d level means that there is some underlying disease within your body that needs to be found and attended to.  Because of my many symptoms esp weight loss and swollen lymph nodes, this makes me believe that something else is going on.  I have had numerous blood tests, ekgs, wore a holtor monitor, seen an internal medicinist, endocronologist, urologist, gastroenologist, had multiple ultrasounds at the ER and the list goes on and everything is checking out fine.  However I still can't get out of my mind that there has to be something else that has me feeling this way? Any comments or feedback towards this would be greatly appreciated.  

*My beginning vitiman D Level was an 8 :(
I had an abnormal gallbladder and it was removed.  Doc stated that it can lead to VDD since fat absorption was impaired.  Most americans are VDD, so not sure that means something else is going on.  There can be other things leading to VDD, but wouldnt think that the majority of americasn would be VDD.
I haven't heard that VDD means that there is some underlying disease.  I am sure there are issues that can cause VDD. (Like Gary3242's surgery and sometimes thyroid and parathyroid issues go hand and hand with VDD)  I have researched and found that Vitamin D is a superhormone and when it is low it can mimic a lot of syndromes and diseases.  Most common is depression, anixiety, MS like issues, and cardiac issues.  If your doctor has run a bunch of labs and test and they have come back fine, then you are probably dealing with just a VDD.
Most people can not believe that something as simple as Vitamin D can make them feel they way that they do.
Thanks.  Very interesting.  Saw a metabolic MD yesterday.  He says Im low normal on T3 thyroid and may need some supplmental T3, so maybe that also had somehting to do with my VDD/symptoms (along with being low normal on testosterone.  He also encouraged me to continue taking the D3 at 10k/day and stated my levels should be in the 70-80 range, not in the 40 range.  He himself is over 100ng of Vit D!  Told me to take (if my bowels will tolerate) up to 800mg of magnesium and 800-1000mg of calcium/day.
He also confirmed what many here already know:  That Vit D is not a vitamin but a neurohormone/steroid that has major effects on multiple body symptoms.  
Thanks for the reply.  Your information is very helpful and eases my mind from all the worrying.
Thanks for the reply.  You are right it is unbelievable to think that VDD can cause all these pains and different symptoms, but you information is very helpful and eases my mind also.  Thanks so much!!
So the removal of the gallbladder caused VDD or the diseased gallbladder caused it? I am interested because I had mine removed eleven years ago.

Tonya
I'm wondering if I should have my gallbladder checked also because I have a lot of symptoms that seem digestive, but I 've had a colonoscopy (upper and lower GI) and the only thing they found was reflux.  I'm just trying to make sure I'm healthy and not missing everything.  It can get so frustrating at time but I'm staying positive!!
The bad GB caused it since fat was not being digested.  If you have had yours out and you have frequent diahrea that could be causing your VDD.  TW1985:  Have a HIDA scan done.  Do not rely solely on a Ultrasound.
Ok I will check with my doctor on that thanks for the info!!
Push the doc for HIDA scan.  Most gp will do ultrasound and if no stones they think GB is ok.  Mine had no stones but I was having the RUQ pain and my amalyse level was high.  Just a few weeks after having it out my amalyse level went back into the normal range.  
Djg1028 joined this group
Welcome them!
mambojazz commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jul 20
Vitaman71 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 18