New here
Question:  I call the nurse at my doctor's office about my blood work and she said all was fine.  I go pick it up where I had it done and my Vitamin D is marked low with a footnote attached to the report.  The number is 5.8LF and the ref range is 30.0-100.0.  Is this not low enough to be a problem?  A lot of tests were done due to me experiencing a lot of the same symptoms people has posted on here but my main complain was servere fatique and not sleeping good.  Everything else on the tests is good, no RA, no Diabetes, no Lupus, no nothing, Good Vitamin B12 (I have been taking vitamin B complex). I am also on the low end of being anemia (ferrin level) but not enough to feel this away or be treated (this tests was done on another blood test to check for high iron levels due to genetics).  Few Lows on this tests that is normal.  Show Low on the sodium but it was 135.  Show a little low on the Calcium but barely and it was not marked with a footnote.  So my question which I have already posted is:  Is that acceptable low for a doctor?  If this is what causing my symptoms I want to know.

Donna

I would take your results to another doctor! It will not hurt you to get on
2000 IU  of D3 daily plus some  cal/mag. Your symtoms do sound like vitamin d deficiency.
Get Vitamin D supplements on board like YESTERDAY.....this is SERIOUSLY low.  This is NOT ok.  

I agree with Namooni.....seek another physician about this.  This one is apparently "blowing" the situation off.  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
specialmom commented on photo
Dee1956 commented on photo
dominosarah commented on photo