Recovery time Vitamin D deficiency
I am suffering from pains and aches all over my body. Specifically my hips knees and feet . It started suddenly and gradually progressed.
I have gone through all blood tests everything normal except very low vitamin d (<15 nmol /l).
This was last sept and I am on vitamin d supplement since then. I retested my blood and vitamin d is 123 nmo/l this time doctor checked my ESR and its very high 85

On top of that i bone scan revealed Osteopencia.

In spite of my normal serum vitamin level i have little improvement of my symtopms.

Doctor think the underlying issue could be some kind of reactive arthritis?

Could my issue only attribute to vitamin D and osteomalacia. If so how long it takes symptoms to improve even after vitamin d level comes i normal range?

Btw I am male , was healthy before this and I was doing very hard Gym to practise for a everest base camp trek when this whole issue happened.
It took me a full 9 months to start feeling consistently better. It was a roller coaster ride until then. Progression of healing can be verrry slow... In the beginning only a few moments a week of feeling better... The moments turn to hours turn to days until finally 9-12 later you have more complete weeks of feeling better. I think it must have to do with how long someone has been vdd.
Thanks.This gives some hope that situation may reverse someday. Can VDD cause such high ESR?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Gorak joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 27
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Jul 15