582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Should I be taking more?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
285 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I be taking more?

Hello all, I am new to this group, although I have been lurking around here for quite some time. I have suspected my vitamin D levels have been low for a couple months, due to a foggy head, really bad concentrated and memory, bone pain, and nerve pain which seems to come and go (and I'm only 23!). Anyway, I finally got in with my dr, and get a blood test, and low and behold... they called back saying my vitamin D levels are low and to take 2,000 UI a day. So I go to pick up my results and they show my levels are 17.3ng. After reading other posts on here though, it seems maybe I should be taking more than 2,000UI a day. Should I call the dr and bring this up. Or should I go to a different dr? Or should I just stick with my 2,000UI?
3 Comments
Blank
Hi, I take 10,000iu 5 times a week!.. 2,000iu is a very low dose that's more a maintance dose!.. with that level I would take a higher dose but  have a look around on easy immune website or vitamin d council website that will give u more info.. Charlie
Blank
4400123_tn?1354007049
I was at 13 and was started out with 50,000 iu weekly for 8 weeks. I am now at a maintenance dose of 2000 iu d3 daily. However some of my symptoms have returned so I will up my dose 500 iu  each week until my symptoms subside. The number I end up with ( I'm guessing about 4000) will be my maintenance dose. I don't see how your numbers will ever be able to get up with such a low dose.
Blank
For two years (March 2010 to September 2012) I suffered like you - mental fog, fatigue, minimized my social interaction, chest pain, anxiety, pins and needle, only 2 hours sleep per night. It was hell. I came across this forum. Pushed my doctor and got on 5000 iu per day. My Vit D level improved to 40 in 4 months and to 59 in 7 months. I did not notice any chnage for initail 3 months (it was up and down), started feeling some chnage after 5-6 months but got totally cured after 7 months. My level is 59 now and I started to maintain it at that level using 2500 iu per day. Be patient and keep taking the Vitamin D supplement every day after meal, test your levels every 3 months and get your life back. Make sure taht you do not go beyond 100. Also, do not go lower than 30-35. The best is 50 to 80.

All the best..
Blank
Recent Activity
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
11 hrs ago
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine just broke up a cat fight i... Comment
12 hrs ago
Blank