Should I be taking more?
Hello all, I am new to this group, although I have been lurking around here for quite some time. I have suspected my vitamin D levels have been low for a couple months, due to a foggy head, really bad concentrated and memory, bone pain, and nerve pain which seems to come and go (and I'm only 23!). Anyway, I finally got in with my dr, and get a blood test, and low and behold... they called back saying my vitamin D levels are low and to take 2,000 UI a day. So I go to pick up my results and they show my levels are 17.3ng. After reading other posts on here though, it seems maybe I should be taking more than 2,000UI a day. Should I call the dr and bring this up. Or should I go to a different dr? Or should I just stick with my 2,000UI?
Hi, I take 10,000iu 5 times a week!.. 2,000iu is a very low dose that's more a maintance dose!.. with that level I would take a higher dose but  have a look around on easy immune website or vitamin d council website that will give u more info.. Charlie
I was at 13 and was started out with 50,000 iu weekly for 8 weeks. I am now at a maintenance dose of 2000 iu d3 daily. However some of my symptoms have returned so I will up my dose 500 iu  each week until my symptoms subside. The number I end up with ( I'm guessing about 4000) will be my maintenance dose. I don't see how your numbers will ever be able to get up with such a low dose.
For two years (March 2010 to September 2012) I suffered like you - mental fog, fatigue, minimized my social interaction, chest pain, anxiety, pins and needle, only 2 hours sleep per night. It was hell. I came across this forum. Pushed my doctor and got on 5000 iu per day. My Vit D level improved to 40 in 4 months and to 59 in 7 months. I did not notice any chnage for initail 3 months (it was up and down), started feeling some chnage after 5-6 months but got totally cured after 7 months. My level is 59 now and I started to maintain it at that level using 2500 iu per day. Be patient and keep taking the Vitamin D supplement every day after meal, test your levels every 3 months and get your life back. Make sure taht you do not go beyond 100. Also, do not go lower than 30-35. The best is 50 to 80.

All the best..
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on photo
Jul 15
ChitChatNine commented on My Crystal Ball Theor...
Jul 12