Some Impressive Statements About Vitamin D
About the sun and vitamin D:

The sun is the orchestra leader for the dance of life. Every living thing on earth vibrates to the energy of the sun, including people. For a long time people have been victims of a huge scam that made them think they were supposed to hide indoors or under a blanket of sunscreen while the rest of life basked in the glory of the sun. Now they are catching on that they too need the sun's life-giving force. ~ Barbara Minton, natural health editor.

The danger of too much sun is minimal — the danger of too little sun is enormous. ~ Dr. Michael R. Eades.

Humans make thousands of units of vitamin D within minutes of whole body exposure to sunlight. From what we know of nature, it is unlikely such a system evolved by chance. ~ Dr. John Cannell, Executive Director, Vitamin D Council.

The big mistake was that the idea that sun exposure causes melanoma went public before it was proved. In fact, we don't know what causes melanoma. ~ Sam Shuster, Professor Emeritus, Department of Dermatology, Newcastle University.

About vitamin D and cancer, heart disease:

This is like the Holy Grail of cancer medicine; vitamin D produced a drop in cancer rates greater than that for quitting smoking, or indeed any other countermeasure in existence. ~ Dennis Mangan, clinical laboratory scientist.

No other method to prevent cancer has been identified that has such a powerful impact. ~ Dr. Cedric Garland, Vitamin D expert.

I do think vitamin D is one of the most promising nutrients for prevention of cardiac disease and cancer, and I believe in it strongly. ~ Dr. JoAnn Manson, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

Hope these are helpful.  They made me take my vitamin D!

WAF
Hey, great comments about the necessity of sun exposure. Unfortunately, as we get older our bodies become less efficient at absorbing vitamin D from the sun. At my age (61), I'd have to be in the sun about an hour and a half to absorb the same amount of vitamin D I would have gotten within 20 minutes when I was in my 20's. Also, I'm very fair skinned -- this could explain why osteoporosis is more prevalent in fair skinned women -- we've never been able to get enough vitamin D due to sunburn.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
FurballsMom uploaded new photos
May 07
sancio joined this group
Welcome them!
May 04
FurballsMom ...is concerned about Hunter. Comment
May 04