582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Taking Fish Oil with Vitamin D
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
316 members

Taking Fish Oil with Vitamin D

Hi all,

I've learned that excessive vitamin A interferes with the effectiveness of Vitamin D since they can compete for some of the same receptor sites. I take a pretty good dose of fish oil every day and am wondering if it has any vitamin A in it. I wouldn't want to take anymore vitamin A than what is already in my multivitamin.
I know cod liver oil has vitamin A and D, but what about regular fish oil from things like anchovy, mackerel and sardines? I'm pretty sure fish oil has little to no vitamin A and D and only contains things like EPA and DHA. Can anyone confirm?

I take the kirkland brand Fish oil (1000mg).

I take fish oil and 50000 d. I will be interested to know the answer. I have read that fish like salmon are a source of d so hopefully its a good thing. My d was 7 and I have been on d once a week for a little over a month. I still feel exhausted and can barely do anything but I have fewer days of bone pain. I thought it felt like a high fever but I had low temp 94-95 from hypothyroid. So many issues!
here's a great site for up-do-date and reputable info on how much to take and vitamin interactions. http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminD/

Scroll to the bottom for their recommended intake based on latest clinical data, and just above that is vitamin drug interactions. For D, it's fat-soluble so take with a meal that includes some oil. vit D and calcium can be taken together, but vitD and vitK should be taken separately from vitA and vitE.
Rainglo joined this group
Welcome them!
ucozade joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 14
pullap joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 04