582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Vitamin D Deficiency and constant minor illnesses
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
303 members

I was wondering if any of you know  of a linkt to being constantly run down and ill with VDD or if you experience similar things to me. I discovered my level was 7.5 in January and started a quick hit dose of 20,000 iu for 15 days finishing on 15th Feb, then 20,000 once a month for 5 months. This week I have a pretty bad cold with sore throat, lost voice, head cold etc. Last week I had a urinary tract infection. The week before I had conjunctivitis and the week before that I had what may have been gallstone attack but is looking likely was a sever stomach bug causing vomiting diarrhea and severe pain. prior to that I have already had a sickness bug and a 2 week long cold with lost voice all since christmas. This seems ridiculous and I can't work out why I'm so run down. I also constantly have mouth ulcers and styes in my eyes. Do you experience similar and could this be caused by VDD, if so how long should it take for the supplement to assist my symptoms?

Thanks so much, in advance, for any help offered.
1 Comment
Yes, low vitamin D directly effects your immunity. It's important to get your doctor to work with you to get your levels back to normal and to maintain it.
It takes quite some time and consistency of supplementing to increase your reserves again, but over time the health problems related to the deficiency will improve.  It just takes a long time.
Hope this helps. And I hope you check back as I see your question went unanswered for awhile.
Blessings,
Rhonda
lonardo joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 28
HeadMistress Feeling pretty good! Comment
Sep 25
Boy112 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 25