582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Vitamin D deficiency
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
312 members

Vitamin D deficiency

Hello, I was just told by my doctor today that I have extremely low vit D levels. I am going to be on 50,000  of vitamin D prescribed for the next 3 months. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you for posting your stories. It's like reading my own life story, it makes me want to cry. All of these symptoms are what I've been going through too. I have felt so bad for so long and I'm so thankful that I am not alone. I "knew" for a while now, that something was wrong - I was just finally lucky enough to find a doctor that actually  listened to what I was saying and helped me find the answer.

I have a question for anyone, did anyone feel "funny" after taking their first dose of 50,000 of vitamin D? my skin feels funny, my vision, my head feel strange and it's taken me much longer than it should have to write this just now. My mind is not thinking right at all. I have been rewriting this whole post because I keep spelling things wrong. Is this normal? I feel a little like I'm on a high or something. Is this normal???
1 Comment
Hello jm30ish!! I know you are finally glad to some type of dx!! Like you I went through months and months of knowing something was wrong but it didn't seem like anyone understood my pain and frustration.  I lost my apetite, lost weight, had daily aches and pains and worries that something was seriously wrong.  After reading these forums, I finally began my doctor visits and I was finally told by an internal meds doc that my vitamin d level was an 8!!!! Wow unbelievable right! So they began me on 50,000 iu once a week.  I did a follow up with an endocronologist and after drawing more blood I am now taking vit d three times a week, calcium 4 times a day, magnesium once a day!! Some of my symptoms have subsided, but not all.  So I am continuing my visits just to be sure I have covered all bases.  Some of the other vit d defcients state that it takes a while to feel better but sometimes I wonder if the low vitamin d is causing all this pain?? I'm so glad to have found this forum because everyone is very encouraging and helpful as we go along this journey of defeciency!! Keep me posted on your progress and I will do so as well! Oh and the vitamins sometimes make me feel "funny" also, but I read that this is your body healing from one of the other posts!!
ChitChatNine thinking about Thanksgiving Comment
Nov 21
Helga84 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20
ksasnic joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20