582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Vitamin D deficiency and rib pain?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
298 members

Vitamin D deficiency and rib pain?

I've been suffering from pain in my rib cage for about 4 years now. Whenever pressure is applied on my rib cage, I'm in agony (only when pressure is applied). Every rib is sore (left and right, on my chest and back), as well as my sternum. Lying on the floor and playing with my young son can be rather painful (especially when he want to climb over mommy). I feel a similar pain in my hips and thighs, but less severe. Whenever I apply pressure, I feel pain which get a bit worse when I remove the pressure. It feels a bit like a bruise and after a while the pain fades away. I've also been suffering from severe fatigue for several years (after a Multiple Sleep Latency Test it turned out that my average sleep latency was 2.2 minutes). My psychologist adviced me to have my vitamin D checked, and it turned out I had a vit D level of 24 nmol/L (9.6 ng/mL), so I was put on 50.000 IU per 2 weeks by my GP in early March. My psychologist thought this was too low, so I'm now on 50.000 IU per week (since 2 weeks ago).
My question is, can the rib pain and fatigue be caused by the vitamin D deficiency. Is my deficiency really bad enough to cause bone pain and severe fatigue? And if so, how long until I will feel better? I want to get rid of these symptoms. What else could cause this pain?
When you say rib pain, do u mean in the general chest area? I have also been having rib pain and breast pain. Sometimes it feels like it is coming from the breast and sometimes from outside the breast. I also get pain in my back just behind the breast too. I have been to the doctors for the breast painna nd got a mammo and US done but nothing was found. I am still very worried about it though because i suffer through it everyday.
I have heard that rib pain can be caused by a D Deficiency and it can take a long time. I have been on supplements now for 6 months and some of the leg and arm pain has reduced but the rib and breast pain is still there. I wish i had some encouraging words but sadly for me things haven't improved much.
It's just the ribs and sternum (and a bit along my lumbar vertebrae). And only when I apply a bit of pressure (like carrying books that press against my chest). I barely have any pain when I press the soft areas of my torso (belly, waist, breasts). Did you suffer from fatigue because of the vitamine D deficiency as well?
Hi Natasha:

I was suffering from Vitamin D deficincy for the past 5 months. My levels have come back to normal after taling supplements but the symptoms are still persisiting. I also get pain in my back ribs. The pain varies from day to day. On some days the pain is more in the upper back on other days it moves to lower back and ribs. I get pain in my upper arm as well. It has been two months since the vitamin d level came back to normal, however i am not sure when will the symptoms go away. You should also do some stretching exercises and yoga. That will help to reduce the pain. You might also have fibromyalgia. Ask your doc about it....
Namooni 's d levels are down again Comment
Aug 13
reallybuzzed Just enjoying the day...hav... Comment
Aug 06
reallybuzzed uploaded new photos
Aug 06