582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Vitamin d deficiency and bone fractures
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
305 members

Vitamin d deficiency and bone fractures

Hi. I am a 22 year old female and I have been diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency and osteomalacia (both related to each other). I have hip fractures also from my weak bones. I have had them for over a year and had to get screws put in my legs to try to heal them. I have suffered from severe leg pains and I can barely get around. I have only gotten screws put in one side of my hips so far and now have to rely on crutches to move at all. I take vitamin d, phosphorus and calcium daily now. I have to get more test done because my doctor thinks I have benign tumors causing my loss of phosphorus. Which mean more surgery.

Basically what I am wanting to know is, is all this necessary? Or is something else possibly wrong that my doctors are missing. I can't tell if the screws have even helped at all. Does anyone have any advice for the pain so I can get around better? Like I said I'm 22 and not being able to enjoy my life really is starting to get to me. Plus, crutches are the worst things ever and I would like to be done with them. Any help anyone has would be great. I've been on vitamin d for a couple months now and this pain is not getting better. I was also wondering if anyone else on here had bone fractures or osteomalacia associated with their deficiency? My doctors make me feel like I am a freak case and treat me like a lab rat. Which is not an insult, it's a good thing they care this much. I have been blessed with great doctors now. It's just getting hard to keep any sort of life for myself. It's all being filled with doctor visits, tests, and blood work.  
ChitChatNine loves the Fall! Comment
Oct 22
Ecologic commented on stacey10's status
Oct 07
lizzyluvvies joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 04