582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
Vitamin d deficiency and insomnia, anyone else suffering?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
312 members

Hi, I'm deficient in vit d and have been taking supplements for about 3 weeks (6000iu). I seem to have had pretty bad insomnia with it. I do get other symptoms but not being able to get to sleep bothers me the most. It tends to go in waves, so I'll have a few ok nights then a few awful ones where it takes hours to get to sleep. I've never had this before, except when I had anaemia, I usually sleep fine.

Has anyone else had this and did it clear up with supplementation?

Please reply x
Hi, I haven't had insomnia with a vitamin D deficiency, but quite a few posts here suggest that a vitamin D deficiency can result in insomnia. Do you know what your level before supplementation was? Do you plan to get tested again?
Hi, my level was 24 (74-200) so pretty low. I'm on 6000iu a day and will get tested again in a couple of months. I've noticed a lot of people mention insomnia too, so reckon its related to the vitamin d as never had a sleep problem before.

Thanks for replying,
You need magnesium for your body to use vitD. Magnesium should also help with sleep (Mg/Ca ratio imbalance causes insomnia). It's stupid doctors prescribe megadoses of vitD without also prescribing additional Magnesium: all that vitamin D intake will cause a magnesium deficiency.

Make sure you take a good form of magnesium; Mg oxides do not dissolve and are no help.

I started Mg last week and it's helped a lot. Good luck.
What Mg you take and what is the quantity...
ChitChatNine thinking about Thanksgiving Comment
Nov 21
Helga84 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20
ksasnic joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 20